i keep blowing fuses!

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
05 Apr 2012 21:36 #514260 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic i keep blowing fuses!
Does your harness run inside the bars on your bike? This is a common place for a short on the older bikes.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cherokeekid58
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 Apr 2012 00:13 #514297 by cherokeekid58
Replied by cherokeekid58 on topic i keep blowing fuses!
Hey motor head, no the harness is completely external. I looked at the harness front to back and pulled the headlight and there were no visable wires or breaks. There was a spot under the tank where it was rubbing some connecters but once again no exposed wire. Also i could only find one ground to the frame that came off the main cable grom the negative battery terminal. Ill search for the other grounds tomorrow.
Thanks for the replys.

Cheers
Jason

Hahaha and i thought my JEEP addiction was bad; my Kz addiction is just as bad!!!

www.kzrider.com/filebase/cat_view/102-1982 ,

• BikeDude2002
  • User
  • Today is a good day to ride...
More
06 Apr 2012 12:49 #514377 by BikeDude2002
Replied by BikeDude2002 on topic i keep blowing fuses!
Finding electrical gremlins as these bikes age is always a challenge. One of the usual suspects are the contacts in the light dimmer switch. This switch is made up of some very small components, and when they fail it often leads to a short directly to the handlebars (ground).

78 KZ650 SR
90 Yamaha Radian