Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

kz 1000 stator 3 wires what are they 04 May 2006 08:44 #45030

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
The stators, whether all yellow, or three color, are probably the same. The colors just tell you how to hook it up in the case where the regulator needs them in order.

So, as I said earlier, some regulators will care about the color sequence. If the sequence is wrong, the voltage may end up higher than normal. If the voltage is around 15 volts, that is high. It should be less than 14.7 . Preferrably, it should be around 14.3 .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kz 1000 stator 3 wires what are they 04 May 2006 21:35 #45207

• helitec
  • helitec's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
man **you guys are great** and sorry for not giveing you enought info but here is my deal i got a bike with the wire harness cut off and the 3 wires off the stator are pink sky blue and yellow i also have a voltage reg with no harness and it has 4 wires on the back it says
ac2 /ground/b+/ac1 its a tympunium and the eng is
kz100aeo28606 dont i dont know the YEAR so what i need to know is what wires go where from the stator to the reg
and reg to bike thanks guys i read all your help
and its been great

this bike is so cool and all i need is this to get her going!!!!

Post edited by: helitec, at: 2006/05/05 00:43
Attachments:

kz 1000 stator 3 wires what are they 04 May 2006 21:37 #45208

• helitec
  • helitec's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
as you can see its a cool kz that needs help!

kz 1000 stator 3 wires what are they 05 May 2006 06:04 #45239

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
"3 wires off the stator are pink sky blue and yellow i also have a voltage reg with no harness and it has 4 wires on the back it says ac2 /ground/b+/ac1 its a tympunium?"

You can look the engine number up on zedder.com I think but it doesn't really matter which engine you have. The stator has three wires coming off. The problem is, the "tympunium" regulator isn't a stock regulator as I am pretty sure this isn't what will be on a stock regulator.

I suggest you pick up a regulator from a 73-76 Z1/KZ900 (you will need a rectifier as well from the same bike) and just wire the three stator wires to it as it doesn't matter which way they go on that regulator for sure.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

kz 1000 stator 3 wires what are they 05 May 2006 07:48 #45251

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
WG is right. Forget those Tympanium regulators. In my experience, they have been garbage. I don't think it's made for your application anyway. Get a real regulator for that bike.

There are many other KZ substitutes that will work (and won't care about the color sequence). Later KZ's had the regulator and rectifier combined. I'm sure you're not worried about being stock. :)

If you want to search Ebay for KZ regulator/rectifiers
you can post a link here and we can tell you if it will work or not. Generally, you want a KZ reg/rec that has three yellow wires, a brown wire, a black wire, and a red (or white) wire. Most of the 550's and 4-cyl 750's are like that, but not all. All of the early 650's won't work for you, but some later ones will. I'm sure some of the 900's and 1000's will work too, of course, but I'm less familiar with the years.

If you don't mind spending a little money, you can probably get a new one from Jeff at Z1 enterprises.

www.z1enterprises.com/

Is that an Amen frame! I just helped a buddy replace the front springs on his. They were too stiff and he found a source for really nice soft ones that give him a much nicer ride.

Very pretty bike!

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2006/05/05 10:54

• Page: