motor died on highway

More
13 Jan 2011 16:06 #421936 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic motor died on highway
Here's a wiring diagram that should help:
www.cyclepsycho.com/kz1000p/kz1000p.html

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2011 02:40 #422054 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic motor died on highway
If not already done, would check and assure integrity of the ground connection where negative battery cable attaches to rear of engine.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
14 Jan 2011 08:55 #422106 by tonyc
Replied by tonyc on topic motor died on highway
hi tony here i had to put in new rollers and springs in the starter clutch today as i was not getting any sparks had to take of the fly wheel the starter motor was turning but the fly wheel wasn't so thats was why the new rollers and springs now just to put ever thing back on

More
14 Jan 2011 12:03 #422148 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic motor died on highway
I had a problem with my bike dying on the highway and when I'd pull over it would fire right back up. The problem turned out to be the ignition switch. The vibrations from running 80 on the freeway were causing the contact to open and cause the bike to shut off. I thought it was weird that it never happened in town just when I was bombing down the freeway. I went to JP cycles and bought a universal ignition switch and haven't had any problems since.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

More
29 Jan 2011 19:12 #426932 by merslinger
Replied by merslinger on topic motor died on highway
thanks for all the help after reading and following way to many wires and wiring diagrams i found the faulty connection on the wire running from the battery to a 30a fuse then straight to the many fuse hub. no blown fuses but i have found that i person i recently purchased the bike from wired everything himself. not to well. i have found why he couldnt get the brake light to activate with front brake only rear. looks like i have a lot more wires to follow and fix but thanks for the help. learned alot about my kz.

1993 kz1000