Higher Wattage Headlight Bulb OK?

More
09 May 2010 06:23 #366692 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Higher Wattage Headlight Bulb OK?
mind2find wrote:

Don't even know yet if you can replace the bulbs in that dash unit. My guess would be you have to replace the entire unit as a whole. We shall see.

If it's like the KZ650 there are a 2 or 3 very small screws on the underside of the unit. Remove them and the cover lifts off to provide access to the bulbs. Check the bulb wattage to make sure you get the correct replacements. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2010 10:24 #366816 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Higher Wattage Headlight Bulb OK?
When handling any of the H4 bulbs, carefully wipe off any fingerprints using rubbing alcohol as the Sodium in the fingerprint oil will cause early bulb failure if turned on without cleaning.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
10 May 2010 06:12 #366983 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Higher Wattage Headlight Bulb OK?

If it's like the KZ650 there are a 2 or 3 very small screws on the underside of the unit. Remove them and the cover lifts off to provide access to the bulbs.

I think you've owned your bike too long ED! :woohoo: Remember unscrewing the plastic ring around the ignition switch allowing cover removal and full access to bulbs?:blink: Just a friendly reminder....:laugh:

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Attachments:

More
10 May 2010 09:57 #367022 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Higher Wattage Headlight Bulb OK?
Bluemeanie wrote:

If it's like the KZ650 there are a 2 or 3 very small screws on the underside of the unit. Remove them and the cover lifts off to provide access to the bulbs.

I think you've owned your bike too long ED! :woohoo: Remember unscrewing the plastic ring around the ignition switch allowing cover removal and full access to bulbs?:blink: Just a friendly reminder....:laugh:

You are absolutely right! :laugh: I was thinking about when I replaced the wiring harness, not the bulbs. Next time I'll walk my lazy butt out to the bike before giving advice. Thanks for correcting me. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)