Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ignition switch numbers? 04 Mar 2006 05:08 #28106

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I think your best bet would be to take the locks to a Locksmith in your area and let them have a look at them and see if they can make up a set of keys.

There is a Locksmith that has a web site to order keys as well that you could try, I don't know the web address, but a search should turn up something.

A Kawasaki dealer may be able to help as well.

Your numbers are still a puzzle though. I have never seen stick on code #s. They have always been stamped into the lock. Plus your #s do not fit into any of the code series.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ignition switch numbers? 05 Mar 2006 12:50 #28424

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The number is stamped onto the front of the seat lock. It may be stamped on the front of the fork lock. It won't be a sticker. The number won't be a long one as most model years used no more than about 25 keys for all the bikes of a certan model.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

ignition switch numbers? 08 Mar 2006 12:27 #29399

• TunaTodd
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just finished putting the cylinder back into the ignition switch and couldn't find any other numbers....perplexing. I give up, to the locksmith I go...thanks for the help everyone.

• Page: