WGs wire mod on 80 kaw 750-4

More
09 Dec 2008 18:55 #251677 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic WGs wire mod on 80 kaw 750-4
poolboy wrote:

JR provided a link to a drawing of the mod he did on his bike. Its becoming clear to me how to do the modification without messing it up. With a little apprehension I will do this when the rain stops.
Thanks, sometimes, is not enough. And Thanks Tony for your help.:)

hang in there....i can twist wrenches and understand
basic theories... and some stuff i did years ago comes back and i m still learning , but when it comes to electrical, i just plain suck ...i plan on eventually doing the "mod", and i guarantee i will have problems....i am doing the motor in my bike and its coming together nicely with help from this site and i still dont have a lousy running lite in the back..i got brake lites and turn signals, but no running lite....go figure....good luck...you ll get it....keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2008 20:16 #251691 by poolboy
Replied by poolboy on topic WGs wire mod on 80 kaw 750-4
Well fellows,
I've had wires turn red hot and start melting and almost burning up the whole car [ dumb stupid stuff]. I guess thats why I get nervous monkeying around with the electrics. I always disconnect the battery but if I don't hook the wires up right to begin with, I could do it again and thats why I ask more questions than the average guy.:huh:
I very much appreciate the help I've received from WG, JR, keith1, tony,rstnick. Can't wait to get it up and running.
Thanks guys.

1980 KZ750H ,WG's carb rebuild, V&H 4-1 Exh ,WG wiremod, Dyna 3.0 ohm coils, Dyna-S EI DS2-2,New Bridgestones, O-ring Chain,

More
10 Dec 2008 01:28 #251718 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic WGs wire mod on 80 kaw 750-4
keith1 wrote:

... still dont have a lousy running lite in the back..i got brake lites and turn signals, but no running lite....

Is there a separate thread topic about that? :unsure:

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
10 Dec 2008 12:54 #251798 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic WGs wire mod on 80 kaw 750-4
Patton wrote:

keith1 wrote:

... still dont have a lousy running lite in the back..i got brake lites and turn signals, but no running lite....

Is there a separate thread topic about that? :unsure:

Good Luck! :)

there will be, one of these days.....:laugh: