Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

DynoJet install, Drilling out the Slider? 20 Aug 2019 06:57 #809538

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with your carbs.

Most carbs will have a needle that is shimmed with a washer below the clip, but the design of some carbs, where the needle is held in place by a spring pushing up on the clip, requires the shim to go on top of the clip.

So most shims lift the needle up a half step, but some push the needle down a half step.

The shim washer should not be bigger than the clip OD (outside diameter). That is so the shim fits into the clip recess, if there is one.

Does it work smoother if you roll the throttle slowly. or quickly?
If it transitions smoothly when rolling the throttle slowly, then it is too rich.
If it transitions smoothly when snapping the throttle open quickly, then it is too lean.

However, transition roughness can also be from perforated diaphragms where the diaphragms have small leaks.

Hopefully someone with experience with your carbs will know more specific information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gdailey2112

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

DynoJet install, Drilling out the Slider? 20 Aug 2019 23:19 #809584

• Gdailey2112
  • User
  • 82 KZ1100D1
  • Thank you received: 34
Certainly didn't mean to hi-jack this thread, sry. Thanks loudhvx!! First, started with overhead projector sheet (bout .010") cut round pieces and used for test shims but still stumbled. Then, I found some small washers .020" with stock and this improved greatly, ........however, still don't have snappy throttle. Tomorrow I'll keep trying.
1982 KZ1100D1

DynoJet install, Drilling out the Slider? 21 Aug 2019 09:55 #809593

• Gdailey2112
  • User
  • 82 KZ1100D1
Ok so I'd found some jet needles harvested from another CV BS34. There is a huge difference between my original 5FL57 needles and these needles 5GX28. Wouldn't I also need the needle jets from the same donor carbs? Please lmk, thanks!!
1982 KZ1100D1

DynoJet install, Drilling out the Slider? 22 Aug 2019 13:41 #809631

• rosko77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey man i have the same bike..i have a couple questions..did you install the jet kit with yur stock exhaust first?..my bike is erratic at idle but nice mid and top improvement,did you have any carb issues with the pilot system..my idols choppy..carbs are clean no air leaks...did you follow the 3.5 turns out on airscrews?any info will be much appreciated

DynoJet install, Drilling out the Slider? 01 Sep 2019 21:07 #810207

• Gdailey2112
  • User
  • 82 KZ1100D1

Gdailey2112 wrote: Ok so I'd found some jet needles harvested from another CV BS34. There is a huge difference between my original 5FL57 needles and these needles 5GX28. Wouldn't I also need the needle jets from the same donor carbs? Please lmk, thanks!!

My question is whether or not I should use the 5GX28 needles, and if yes should I use the emulsion tubes from the carbs that these needles they came from? plz lmk
1982 KZ1100D1