TOPIC: ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 11 Aug 2019 14:38 #809045

• Scirocco
  • Scirocco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 981
Does anyone have a check valve for a GPZ1100UT (ZX1100A1) as a spare part for a few bucks?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 11 Aug 2019 15:10 #809046

• old_kaw
  • Thank you received: 218

Scirocco wrote: Does anyone have a check valve for a GPZ1100UT (ZX1100A1) as a spare part for a few bucks?

Since that is the fuel return from the fuel pressure regulator, it can't be too critical or unique. You may need to put your amazing fabrication skills to work and make something up. It just can't be calibrated to check pressure above the fuel pressure of the system. I ass-u-me it isn't much more than ~30-40 PSI on the Bosch K or J - Jetronic systems used on the early fuel injected models. (not sure on the fuel pressures) .
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 11 Aug 2019 15:36 #809047

• Scirocco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

old_kaw wrote:
I ass-u-me it isn't much more than ~30-40 PSI on the Bosch K or J - Jetronic systems used on the early fuel injected models. (not sure on the fuel pressures) .

Thats i am asking about. My check valve opens at 0,6 bar = 9 PSI on my donor bike. It starts, idle and runs great. I expected an much more opening pressure like you wrote (30-40 PSI =3 bar). So what valve opening pressure is right?

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 11 Aug 2019 16:23 #809048

• old_kaw

Scirocco wrote:

old_kaw wrote:
I ass-u-me it isn't much more than ~30-40 PSI on the Bosch K or J - Jetronic systems used on the early fuel injected models. (not sure on the fuel pressures) .

Thats i am asking about. My check valve opens at 0,6 bar = 9 PSI on my donor bike. It starts, idle and runs great. I expected an much more opening pressure like you wrote (30-40 PSI =3 bar). So what valve opening pressure is right?

The fuel pressure regulator sets the fuel pressure. Although I do remember reading something about a problem with the check valves causing a problem on these bikes. I have no direct experience with this system, but others on this forum do. I do have a lot of experience on the Buick turbo fuel injection.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco

Last edit: by old_kaw.

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 11 Aug 2019 20:11 #809052

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 132
All that does is keep gas from coming out of the tank when you take the hose off . They do come apart . Theres just a spring in there . Problems start when they freeze closed and the gas cant return to the tank it screws up the fuel pressure .

You can tap it apart with a drill bit and hammer . Its just pressed in . There's a o'ring in there that you can change and a spring . Be carefull the spring doesnt get away when you pop it open . Clean it up change the o ring and tap it back together
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco, old_kaw

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 12 Aug 2019 14:18 #809074

• Scirocco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Buddys my check valve is cleaned and do it´s Job as it should but i am need a cheap check valve for my EFI conversion.
cmsnl.com asking 38 euro plus shipping for a new valve, so i am waiting for your offer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 12 Aug 2019 14:28 #809075

• old_kaw
All you really need is a cheap check valve that will allow the fuel to return for the tank unhindered, yet block the flow if the hose were unhooked.. It >could< be run totally without a check valve, except that if the tank were removed like riturbo noted.. it could back-flow.. or in the case of a bad regulator diaphragm, it could run into places it is not wanted. (EFI cars don't have a return fuel check-valve that I have ever seen) EFI cars dump straight into the tank from the regulator.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Last edit: by old_kaw.

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 12 Aug 2019 14:45 #809077

• Scirocco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry, but but every (E)FI System Needs a check valve to hold a min. fuel pressure to prevent steam bubbles in the fuel lines to prevent hot start engine troubles .
On a Volkswagen (Bosch) K-Jetronik System the check valve is bolt on inline on the the fuel pump.

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 12 Aug 2019 14:57 #809079

• old_kaw

Scirocco wrote: Sorry, but but every (E)FI System Needs a check valve to hold a min. fuel pressure to prevent steam bubbles in the fuel lines to prevent hot start engine troubles .
On a Volkswagen (Bosch) K-Jetronik System the check valve is bolt on inline on the the fuel pump.

On the GM EFI Buick Turbo cars, the check valve is eliminated from the return lines that run from regulator to the frame rails, then up to the top of the tank, hence eliminating any air in the return lines (not that air in the return would cause any problems anyway) .. I have dissected and blown out every part of the Turbo Buick fuel lines, tank, ecm injector drivers, etc, and there is no fuel return check valve anywhere in that system, unless it's integrated into the fuel pump hanger assembly where the fuel dumps directly back into the tank. The check valve is on the pump output to maintain pressure. If fuel pressure drops off when the pump is off, the engine will experience a hard start until the pressure builds up again. If it loses fuel pressure when off, either the fuel pressure regulator is not holding or the check valve in the pump is bad. This is a test done to determine the reasons for hard start. There is no check valve on the >return fuel< since it has no bearing on the engine start.

BUT!.. if Bosch bolts one onto the cars, I think you just located a suitable replacement to keep from boiling over. You just solved your dilemma all on your own! lol :whistle:
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

Last edit: by old_kaw. Reason: typo's

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 12 Aug 2019 15:15 #809080

• Scirocco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thing about that Bosch K-Jetronik injetors are not fitted with an electronik opening mechanism, they are only mechanic and need a pre load pressure to operate right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw

Last edit: by Scirocco.

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 12 Aug 2019 16:29 #809083

• old_kaw

Scirocco wrote: Thing about that Bosch K-Jetronik injetors are not fitted with an electronik opening mechanism, they are only mechanic and need a pre load pressure to operate right.

You are confusing the pressure side with the return line.
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 13 Aug 2019 05:57 #809098

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Sorry I dont have a spare . Really dont think you need it . I know guys who have run their turbos with them gutted . Its just a return line .
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 13 Aug 2019 06:11 #809099

• Scirocco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Okay thank you, so i will give it a try

ZX1100A1 1983 VALVE ASSY, RELIEF 15 Aug 2019 15:29 #809222

• DFIGPZ
  • Thank you received: 89
yes that is all that it is so when you take return line off fuel does not run out I had several NOS ones but I am out now.
1984 GPZ 1100
1170 wiesco 10.5 cr
Larry Cavanaugh head
Bored Throttle bodies
Web .415in cams
Kerker K2 with comp baffle
RC Hp inj
Pogue Adj Regulator

VITON VALVE SEALS $22.00 SET OF 8 SHIPPED TO LOWER 48 PM ME.

• Page: