Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ISO 1975 Z1 parts

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 11 Nov 2018 12:28 #793686

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14
hardrockminer I'm not sure why you continue to clog up my post when you don't have any parts. I'm looking for parts. Go start your own thread if you want to talk about something. Also, I'm sorry you're wrong, but you are. KZ and Z1 have the same hole pattern to mount the light bracket drilled on the fender. two holes on top, and one hole on the bottom. (I'm going off of memory, it may be opposite.) Whatever the hole pattern, the light you keep referring to has the opposite hole pattern drilled. Do you have one of the reproductiono lights? I suspect you don't because if you did you would see that it only fits the hole pattern on the reproduction fender. Why are you arguing about it when you don't even have one? ? SMH
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 11 Nov 2018 14:36 #793688

  • GregZ
  • GregZ's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Posts: 763
  • Thank you received: 101
I think he is referring to the tail section, the blue one you have first photo is kz, Your second photo with black tail is Z1.

I will read your post again and see if I can dig up some parts for you. For sure I have a z1 tailight , cheap.

cheers
gregz
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 11 Nov 2018 14:57 #793689

  • SWest
  • SWest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 18180
  • Thank you received: 1599
If it's the fender you are referring to the Z1 and early KZ 1000 are the same. I have one I got from The Old Kaw Man in 13. The tails are different but will bolt on. As for clogging up your thread as I see it they were just trying to help. :whistle:
Steve
Z1b1000 1975 Z1b
Opinions expressed by me do not reflect those of the the staff or members
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/598262-kz-...-will-it-live#672882
kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/597654-poser?start=240#704229
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 11 Nov 2018 18:11 #793695

  • hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Posts: 348
  • Thank you received: 89
Yes, I incorrectly said it wouldn't fit your KZ. I was trying to call you out on your claim that the bike is a Z1. I have a KZ1000 in addition to my two Z1's so I know the Z1 tail light assembly will fit.

Follow the link provided by old greek for the repro tail light assembly. That link says it will fit a Z1. It also uses the original Z1 part number to describe the assembly. Also, look at how Z1 Parts describes the same assembly. They say it will fit a Z1 and they use the Z1 part number. Who is right here? Two suppliers who sell them or you who doesn't have one.

Your stubborn refusal to admit you are wrong is the reason I've kept up with this thread. However I can see that it serves neither of us for me to continue. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. So I will bow out now. Good luck with your KZ conversion to a repro Z1.
I ride Z1's. I have a couple of '75's, plus an '80 KZ1000LTD. My lovely Sweetums rids a 1981 KZ550.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed
Last edit: by hardrockminer.
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 13 Nov 2018 08:21 #793761

  • PaintWorkz
  • PaintWorkz's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 345
  • Thank you received: 42
PM me I have a used document tray . Your bike looks like it is a KZ1000, but most Z1 parts will fit it except the plastic side covers.
www.paintworkz.com

84 Gpz900 street
77 KZ 1325 Turbo Dragbike project
79 CBX Pro Stock projects (2)
78 Z1R-TC AMA & ECTA LSR record holder
68 750 Enfield Brat project

Lake Havasu City, AZ
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 14 Nov 2018 07:58 #793779

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi SWest. I do find information about the different models helpful. What I don't find helpful is someone trying to "call me out" on my bike being a Z1. A Z1 frame with kz1000 parts is not a Z1? I seem to remember you having some people on here willing to comment the same kind of thing about your bike.
I started the thread explaining that fact, and it seems to me a good reason why I would be looking for z1 parts. Also not helpful is someone trying to argue about reproduction part fitment when they don't even have said parts. I start a thread looking for parts, and people tell me to read a book? how is that helpful?
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 14 Nov 2018 10:42 #793786

  • slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • slmjim+Z1BEBE's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Posts: 442
  • Thank you received: 201

KZ802 wrote: A Z1 frame with kz1000 parts is not a Z1?


If the frame starts with Z1F-, in the eyes of the law & DMV it is a Z1, regardless of componentry.

In the knowledgeable collector and restoration community it's a frankenbike as pictured.

You're to be commended for making the effort to return it to genuine Z1 condition.


Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE
A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1973 Z1 x2
1973 Z1 "The Wounded Z" Resto project
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

The following user(s) said Thank You: KZ802
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 15 Nov 2018 15:45 #793820

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14

hardrockminer wrote: Yes, I incorrectly said it wouldn't fit your KZ. I have a KZ1000 in addition to my two Z1's so I know the Z1 tail light assembly will fit.
So I will bow out now.

Before you "bow out" of my thread, please show me a picture of that reproduction light fitting your Z1, or even your KZ1000 -then I will know it fits, and anyone searching for a Z1 light in the future will also know that it fits, and not waste time with something that has the same oem number but is in fact a reproduction sold on ebay, a site where anyone call sell anything, and call it whatever they want. Then you will have at least contributed something to a post looking for parts, even though all you do is post a bunch of stupid comments and have no parts.

1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 15 Nov 2018 19:53 #793830

  • hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Posts: 348
  • Thank you received: 89
Your comprehension skills need improvement. I never said I had a repro tail light on my KZ1000. I simply said I had a Z1 tail light and I know that it will fit my KZ1000. (It's stored away so I'm not about to look for it right now.) But just for you....I found an original (used) Z1 tail light on ebay for you to compare to the one linked by old greek and sold by 2FastMoto. Two holes up and one down. The rubber seal is still in place on the one I linked but....well you know what's under it. It's the same hole pattern as the one linked by old greek. The red light cover is original, but you know that don't you? Because you ran out and bought John Brookes' book on Z1's.

Now...having proved you wrong I will exit your thread. Oh, and I accept your apology.

I ride Z1's. I have a couple of '75's, plus an '80 KZ1000LTD. My lovely Sweetums rids a 1981 KZ550.
Last edit: by hardrockminer.
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 15 Nov 2018 19:57 #793832

  • SWest
  • SWest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 18180
  • Thank you received: 1599
That is exactly what I have bolted to my KZ 1000 fender.
Steve
Z1b1000 1975 Z1b
Opinions expressed by me do not reflect those of the the staff or members
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/598262-kz-...-will-it-live#672882
kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/597654-poser?start=240#704229
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardrockminer
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 16 Nov 2018 16:11 #793855

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14

hardrockminer wrote: Your comprehension skills need improvement. I never said I had a repro tail light on my KZ1000. I simply said I had a Z1 tail light and I know that it will fit my KZ1000. (It's stored away so I'm not about to look for it right now.) But just for you....I found an original (used) Z1 tail light on ebay for you to compare to the one linked by old greek and sold by 2FastMoto. Two holes up and one down. The rubber seal is still in place on the one I linked but....well you know what's under it. It's the same hole pattern as the one linked by old greek. The red light cover is original, but you know that don't you? Because you ran out and bought John Brookes' book on Z1's.

Now...having proved you wrong I will exit your thread. Oh, and I accept your apology.


Dude you are stupid. you just proved my point. you don't have that light, so how could you know if it fits.
Thanks for pointing out that an OEM light fits an OEM fender. That is groundbreaking information. Too bad I said in the beginning that I was trying to avoid ebay. I guess you forgot that after you read it. Just like you forgot that I said I had a Z1 with mostly KZ1000 parts hence why it looks like a KZ1000 genius, and the reason for me looking for z1 parts. And finally, after you read the title of my thread, you forgot that I was looking for parts, not stupid comments. It's not my reading comprehension that needs improvement.
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 16 Nov 2018 16:21 #793856

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14

SWest wrote: That is exactly what I have bolted to my KZ 1000 fender.
Steve

Right, because the KZ1000 fender and z1 fender are the same, even though hardrockminer says that it won't fit mine because I have a KZ fender. That's why I am looking for one, although I don't want to take my chances on ebay. And I definitely don't want that reproduction one that hardheadminer insists fits, even though he doesn't have one and can't confirm if it fits or not. which of course is a moot point because I'm not buying one off of ebay.
Wow this forum has been a lot of help and I've met some people that have been really helpful and great, but this is retarded. Some people should stick to twitter or facebook. Swest I'm not referring to you.
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 16 Nov 2018 16:46 #793858

  • SWest
  • SWest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 18180
  • Thank you received: 1599
This is a aftermarket one. I recommend them highly.
Steve
z1parts.net/z1-900-tail-light-lamp-with-bracket/
This one has the center hole down
z1parts.net/z1-900-tail-light-bracket/
Z1b1000 1975 Z1b
Opinions expressed by me do not reflect those of the the staff or members
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/598262-kz-...-will-it-live#672882
kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/597654-poser?start=240#704229
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardrockminer
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 16 Nov 2018 18:24 #793860

  • hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Posts: 348
  • Thank you received: 89

KZ802 wrote: ...It does not fit the oem fender and requires drilling either the light bracket or the fender to make it fit. ...


The above quote is part of what you said to old greek in response to his post. You were wrong. It does fit without drilling. I was right...I told you it fits.
I ride Z1's. I have a couple of '75's, plus an '80 KZ1000LTD. My lovely Sweetums rids a 1981 KZ550.
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 19 Nov 2018 06:23 #793952

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14

hardrockminer wrote:

KZ802 wrote: ...It does not fit the oem fender and requires drilling either the light bracket or the fender to make it fit. ...


The above quote is part of what you said to old greek in response to his post. You were wrong. It does fit without drilling. I was right...I told you it fits.


Again, show me a picture of it fitting. You can't because you don't have one. therefore you can't definitely know that it fits. You are assuming the info is correct. Good luck believing everything you read on the internet without proof.
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 19 Nov 2018 06:47 #793954

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14

hardrockminer wrote:

KZ802 wrote: ...It does not fit the oem fender and requires drilling either the light bracket or the fender to make it fit. ...


The above quote is part of what you said to old greek in response to his post. You were wrong. It does fit without drilling. I was right...I told you it fits.


You need so badly to be right, there's an easy way to settle this. Put your money where your mouth is. Buy one and post a picture. prove it fits. You are so willing to waste other peoples time -use your time and money and prove it. Otherwise you can't say $hit.
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 19 Nov 2018 07:18 #793957

  • SWest
  • SWest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 18180
  • Thank you received: 1599
It has been established there are two types of mounting holes. (I didn't know that) This could help to keep someone from buying the wrong part. Still there is no need to start a flame war over it. :(
I had to check mine to be sure though. :unsure:
Makes sense having two bolts on top. (stronger)
Steve
Z1b1000 1975 Z1b
Opinions expressed by me do not reflect those of the the staff or members
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/598262-kz-...-will-it-live#672882
kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/597654-poser?start=240#704229
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 19 Nov 2018 08:42 #793961

  • hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Posts: 348
  • Thank you received: 89
I don't need one so I won't buy one. Besides...there is a quicker and cheaper way to find out if you really want to know. Contact the seller and ask him for the distance between the holes and compare it to your KZ1000 fender. No go ahead and prove me wrong grasshopper.
I ride Z1's. I have a couple of '75's, plus an '80 KZ1000LTD. My lovely Sweetums rids a 1981 KZ550.
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 23 Nov 2018 17:53 #794154

  • KZ802
  • KZ802's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Member
  • Posts: 164
  • Thank you received: 14
waterheadminer I don't have to prove anything you are the one insisting it fits without having one. You're an idiot that doesn't remember what he reads afterwards. I want OEM and I don't want ebay. Like I said from the beginning. The point is you continue to spread misinformation about stuff you don't even have firsthand knowledge about and you're willing to argue about it and then can't admit you're wrong afterwards. You're the worst kind of person on a forum. I use this forum mostly as a reference and people like you muddy up the waters and waste people's time. You should have never replied to this thread from the beginning since you don't have any parts.
1980 KZ750 LTDx2
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900 A
The topic has been locked.

ISO 1975 Z1 parts 23 Nov 2018 20:22 #794159

  • hardrockminer
  • hardrockminer's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Posts: 348
  • Thank you received: 89
When you attempt to de-personify someone in an argument you've lost the argument. The point of contention is not whether you don't want repro parts or don't want to use ebay. All you are doing is deflecting, but it won't work. You don't want a repro tail light and I understand that. But don't make silly claims about it not fitting when you have no idea whether it will or won't. I said it would and I showed you that it would and how to be absolutely sure it would. That's all I need to do. Now you prove me wrong or abandon the point as one you lost.

I have plenty of parts but not ones I want to sell to you. I don't want to see good Z1 parts put on a KZ1000.
I ride Z1's. I have a couple of '75's, plus an '80 KZ1000LTD. My lovely Sweetums rids a 1981 KZ550.
The topic has been locked.
Powered by Kunena Forum