Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Color wiring diagram police bikes. Kzr donations.

Color wiring diagram police bikes. Kzr donations. 29 Jun 2020 19:38 #829402

• loudhvx
  • loudhvx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1449
A few years ago a friend wanted a color diagram for a KZP. I created one based on a b/w diagram I found online.
It took quite a long time to make, and cost a few dollars to print and laminate as well.
I had a few extra test-prints I created before making the final version. I know a color diagram is hard to get for a Kzp, so I wanted to make them available to others and sold the remaining prints on ebay.

I noticed that there is still a demand for a color diagram, so I thought I'd make a few more to sell to members or the general public. That would violate the rules of Kzrider and if I count my time, I'd be selling them at a loss anyway. So it hit me, I could just give them away as a gift for donating to Kzrider.

So this post is really just a feeler to get an idea of what the staff and members think of this idea. I'm not sure how I'd implement it.

Another issue is that the diagram is pretty complex and to fit on an 8.5 x 11 sheet, the text and lines are pretty small, (but perfectly clear up close).
I can make 11 x 17 prints but they cost more and cost more to ship as well. I can also split it across two 8.5 x 11 sheets. I made part of the drawing have a convenient split point. It will cost double to print, but shipping will be cheap.

So what are preferences for size and/or number of pages?
The 11x17 ones turn out really nice in my opinion, but they do cost significantly more.

I figured maybe a $25 or $30 donation would cover an 8.5 x 11 copy.

Here are some photos of one 8.5 x 11 print.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Color wiring diagram police bikes. Kzr donations. 29 Jun 2020 19:51 #829404

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 251
great concept.. hopefully the staff can make it work..

just saying I have a 1976 Kz900... :blush:
1976 KZ 900 A4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Last edit: by Mikaw.

Color wiring diagram police bikes. Kzr donations. 30 Jun 2020 07:20 #829427

• Rick H.
  • Thank you received: 105
Perhaps I am just too simplistic, but one of the biggest problems I have is trying to trace wiring on my '77 KZ-1000 using small schematics that are in back and white format. I realize this topic is specific to the police bikes, but it seems to me that anyone that goes out of their way to make something like this up for the good of the order should be able to recoup their time and materials. It's not like one is trying to sell shock absorbers or the like. Years ago when I worked in a Ford dealership our service manuals had multiple fold out pages in the back of the book for wiring diagrams that related all changes in wire colors and patterns and they were pretty easy to use. If a brown colored wire turned to a yellow colored wire at a junction block it was noted in the diagram. The only problem came in when people replaced wires with some other color. The schematics could take up an entire work bench when you unfolded them and of course they were a pain to fold back up. Kind of like old road maps, but they were super handy. I would gladly pay or donate for a large colored wiring schematic of my bike for sure. Just my 2 cents worth.
Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Last edit: by Rick H..
  • Page: