Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1975 Z1 and 1978 KZ1000A2A for sale Herndon VA

1975 Z1 and 1978 KZ1000A2A for sale Herndon VA 11 Jul 2019 15:44 #807390

• Fury
  • Fury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Guys, I am not sure if anyone around here remembers me but I used to live on this site back in the day. You guys helped me get the 78 running when I knew absolutely zero about working on my own bikes. Later on I helped another kzr member make a web site called cyclemadness. In exchange for that work Woody gave me his 75 Z1 drag bike to restore and most of you guys helped me along the way with that too. I am not sure how many of the old crew are still around on this site. Back then it was names like WiredGeorge, Stein, Ibbson, Shovel Fred, Zdoc, Rivman, Jeff Saunders...and on and on. I hope these guys are still around this place :). Sadly I am going to sell off my bikes and boat loads of parts and leave town so I thought this might be a good spot to post them. I will try and find some decent pix of these bikes but they are probably still in the krz gallery some place. I know the site changed software so they might be in the archives now. The 78 kz1000 still looks the same as in these pix except for a ton of dust coating it and there most likely being some glue like substance in the carbs that used to be fuel. The 75 Z1 bodywork has been stored indoors all this time and is still pristine after our old friend Arai59/Greg in Texas painted the bodywork from red to black for those who remember the bike when it was red. The rest of the bike has been sitting in a shed and is covered in dust. I can take current shots of either bike for those interested. I truly have no idea the value of these bikes anymore so best offer takes the set. All the spare parts come with them at no xtra charge. Racks of carbs.. extra forks, engine rebuild kits, custom made parts and even some rare parts ordered from japan when everyone on the site pitched in and ordered some exotic stuff at together to save on shipping. I had ordered this custom speedo conversion kit for the 75 to make the speedo accurate with its 18 inch front wheel. Never installed it but its still here. I found an old spec sheet for the drag bike so will paste that info here also. I do not think it is up to date but the basics of the 75 are listed there.

1975 Z1 Drag Bike Project
1975 Kawasaki Z1-B frame and bodywork VIN# Z1F65318 Build Date 12/74
1980 KZ1000-A4 Mark II motor (KZT00AE 094627)
Mikuni 29mm Smoothbore carburetors - 120 Main Jet - 25 Pilot Jet
K & N 40mm Round Tapered Racing Air Filters
Mark II Instrumentation and 1981 KZ1000J Electrical System
Dyna Ignition with DRL-400 2-stage rev limiter
Dyna 3-ohm Coils
Trac Dynamics 6” over swing arm
Rear Wheel: 5.50x17 Akront aluminum rim laced to a ’77 1000 disc hub running a 190/50ZR17 Shinko 003 Stealth Radial
Front Wheel: 2.15x18 SunRacing aluminum rim laced to a ’75 Z1 hub running a 90/90-18 Metzler ME 33 Laser
(Wheels laced and trued by Buchanan Spoke & Wheel)
DG Chassis 5/8 15t front sprocket 530 pitch with a Sunstar 38t/160 (2-534438) rear sprocket.
Tsubaki 530 HQR Super Series Solid Roller Chain (124 link)
PMC Speedo Drive Conversion Kit (corrects speedo error for use of 18 inch wheel w/ stock gauges)
Kosman 5/8 offset outer bearing kit
Kosman offset spacer on the rear hub
Kosman rear brake pedal and mounting plate.
GMA rear brake master cylinder
Vance and Hines Pro Sidewinder Pipe
Rear Koni shocks with Progressive 220 lb springs
Front Progressive springs cut down with billet spacers
Pingel foot pegs
Pingel peg mount brackets.
Pingel motor mount kit.
Pingel high flow fuel valve.
Pingel activation switches.
Pingel Kill Switch
APE low profile oil filter cover.
K&N Superbike bars in black chrome.
GPz front master cylinder with GPz brake & clutch controls.
Corbin Gunfighter Seat.
Rizoma Circuit 998 Billet Aluminum Mirrors
Custom made billet fork reflector block off plates
The frame is slightly modified to accept a "J" model motor.
The passenger foot peg frame mounts and rear turn signal mounts have been cut off for a clean look.
The Z1 front fender was lowered to compliment the 18” wheel.
Rear sub-fender eliminated for a clean look.
A Custom Chrome Cats Eye taillight wired as a chaser light for nighttime racing at NHRA events.

1978 KZ1000 A2A
Dyna-S Ignition
Dyna 3-ohm Coils
Pingel high flow fuel valve.
Corbin Gunfighter Seat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fury.

1975 Z1 and 1978 KZ1000A2A for sale Herndon VA 11 Jul 2019 15:46 #807391

• Fury
pix of the 75

1975 Z1 and 1978 KZ1000A2A for sale Herndon VA 11 Jul 2019 15:49 #807392

• Fury
pix of the 78

1975 Z1 and 1978 KZ1000A2A for sale Herndon VA 11 Jul 2019 21:17 #807402

• baldy110
  • Thank you received: 387
Where are you and what does the Corbin fit and price? Thanks

1975 Z1 and 1978 KZ1000A2A for sale Herndon VA 12 Jul 2019 07:20 #807424

• Fury
I am in Herndon Va ... the Gunfighter is actually on the 75z1 and being sold with the bike. The listing of that part was just the spec sheet for the bikes themselves not the parts list to be sold. Sorry about the confusion. The only part I might sell separately is a set of 29mm Mikuni Smoothbores that are clean and just sitting on a shelf in my house. Back when I rebuilt them I had posted pics of the project here on KZR. I think everything I ever did with these biles is documented in photos in the krz archives. I have a folder of every photo of any work I did on the bikes and I also saved the pix of every members bike on this site at one time. Some truly amazing bikes have been KZR over the years.

• Page: