Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: KZ440-B (I think...)

KZ440-B (I think...) 31 Jan 2019 09:23 #797973

• shous7
  • shous7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello - I just took possession of a 1981 KZ440-B that I have not quite decided what route I am going to go with it... It is basically stock at this point other than the bars and the seat has been re-done. That said does anyone have any parts for sale etc. maybe left side cover etc.? It is Red/Maroon, it appears the left side cover is pretty tough to find. I may also interested in other parts as well.

Thanks!

*** This should probably be moved to Wanted but couldn't see how to move it... ***

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by shous7.

KZ440-B (I think...) 31 Jan 2019 10:52 #797978

• martin_csr
  • Thank you received: 945
Howdy. I didn't look real carefully, but I only saw one 440B LH side cover on EB >> nos & pricy but it does have the Make Offer button >> see link below plus link to a pair of the side cover protectors >> those dampers probably go missing. I guess the side cover is correct for your motorcycle.

... EB search = KZ440 side cover -Ltd

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nebr_Rex

Last edit: by martin_csr.

KZ440-B (I think...) 31 Jan 2019 19:38 #798001

• genxrider
  • Thank you received: 5
I've got an 80 440B- pretty much (almost) anything you want can be found on Ebay like Martin said. From nos to used to reman. I don't have any extra parts to offer- but I just spent the last 6-8 months nitpicking stuff to get the bike where I want it. A lot of times you can go to a parts dealer online and they'll have a breakdown of every Kawasaki part number for you to use for your search. There's a dozen or better of those left hand side panels USED starting at 20 bucks if you can handle the paint work.

Best of luck-

KZ440-B (I think...) 01 Feb 2019 06:47 #798024

• shous7
  • shous7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for the info, very helpful.

Man, that is weird, I only found one in my searches on ebay. I must have to tweak my search input a bit... The one in the pic is certainly nice, although my bike is way too ratty for that level of part. Trying to decide if I want to turn it into more of a minimal looking brat type bike or leave it as stock and just resell. It is basically all stock now with 11k miles but it has been ridden. Given a decent cover is about $50.00 shipped It may go the stripped down look.

Thanks again!

KZ440-B (I think...) 01 Feb 2019 09:00 #798036

• martin_csr
By genxrider: .... There's a dozen or better of those left hand side panels USED starting at 20 bucks if you can handle the paint work.

What search terms did you use? Thanks.

KZ440-B (I think...) 01 Feb 2019 10:22 #798040

• genxrider
  • Thank you received: 5
He was right, I only saw a couple when I looked AFTER posting, my bad. I did find a couple NOS but they were freaking high. The part# is 36001-1057-B1, but I also search with kz440 side panel- and go through them all. If you guys are looking for one I'd keep watching and wait for a cheaper one to be posted.

I found a really nice one for 49 plus 14 ship by searching "1980 Kawasaki KZ440 K450-1* Blue Plastic Left Side Cover"
The other one I found was NOS and 129.

Sometimes you have to be creative with search terms, as you can see.

Best of luck.

KZ440-B (I think...) 01 Feb 2019 11:04 #798041

• martin_csr
Thanks. I don't have a 440 >> was just checking EB for the op. And yes, you have to try all sorts of search terms,
including some of these: 440, 440B, side panel. frame panel. frame cover. etc etc etc. I got a nos owner's manual cheap
for my KZ650 that was listed as Suzuki KZ650HCSR or something like that. The bike is a KZ650H & a CSR, but nobody's
going to search for a kz650hcsr. and of course it's a Kawasaki, not a Zook. hee.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

KZ440-B (I think...) 02 Feb 2019 07:18 #798056

• Olajoe
  • Free at last
  • Thank you received: 13

shous7 wrote: Hello - I just took possession of a 1981 KZ440-B that I have not quite decided what route I am going to go with it... It is basically stock at this point other than the bars and the seat has been re-done. That said does anyone have any parts for sale etc. maybe left side cover etc.? It is Red/Maroon, it appears the left side cover is pretty tough to find. I may also interested in other parts as well.

Thanks!

*** This should probably be moved to Wanted but couldn't see how to move it... ***

Where are the pictures of your bike with you on it?
ZX12R
1981 KZ1000CSR-M

Last edit: by Olajoe.

KZ440-B (I think...) 06 Feb 2019 23:52 #798318

• kz650guy
  • Thank you received: 6
Ive got a 440 part bike i would love to sell i used the tank seat carbs sidcovers and starter motor on another bike i would love to get 100bucks for whats left

Last edit: by kz650guy.
  • Page: