Don´t forgot your tools after wrenching on your bike

• Scirocco
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
16 Jul 2024 18:27 - 16 Jul 2024 18:28 #902232 by Scirocco
Did some small upgrade to my Z1 and installed a "Break-2-Flash" mod to my high beam/passing light additionally to my rear break light mod i did some years earlier. Later on the bike won´t start, so i start check spark plug #4. Spark plug was dry and have good color (a little on the fat side) and got spark.So what the hell is wrong here? Sprayed some break cleaner into airbox and push the button. WTF, The engine starts like WOT, so what?This is what i found and how could this happens to me?

Break-2-Flash videos

• Last edit: 16 Jul 2024 18:28 by Scirocco.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: ThatGPzGuy, Rolf1976_KZ900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    16 Jul 2024 20:58 #902236 by sf4t7
    One of my favorite places to forget 10mm box wrenches is on the crankcase under the carburetors    

Scotty

1974 Z1A
    welded Z1 crank
    Andrews 1X Cams
    Delkevic 4 into 1

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
    • User
    • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
    More
    17 Jul 2024 03:57 #902245 by slmjim+Z1BEBE
    Replied by slmjim+Z1BEBE on topic Don´t forgot your tools after wrenching on your bike
    slmjim here.

A few times over the years, I've wandered around the shop poking into & looking under things for 5 minutes, trying to find a screwdriver or some other widget that was in my back pocket the whole time.

Or, I've mindlessly put something down 'a little while ago', then can't find it.  Z1BEBE might stroll by, notice my 'lost something' face  & ask, "Lose something?"  I'll say, "Yeah, I just had this (fill in the widget).  Now I can't find it."   More often than I care to admit, she'll glance around, maybe take a step or two, pick it up & say, "Here it is."

Girls can see things guys can't.  Change my mind.

Good Ridin'
    slmjim & Z1BEBE

A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
    A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1973 ('72 builds) Z1 x2
    1974 Z1-A x2
    1975 Z1-B x2
    1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
    2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
    An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
    on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

More
    18 Jul 2024 01:08 - 18 Jul 2024 01:20 #902293 by Rolf1976_KZ900
    Replied by Rolf1976_KZ900 on topic Don´t forgot your tools after wrenching on your bike
    Really cool bike you have there!!  i have bought the same seat but will have to get a new cover for it .
    I wonder if you had any problems touching the on off switch with your hand operating the throttle while riding?
    I wonder because i going to buy a switch like that now and was thinking it may be touching my hand when riding. The switch i have now (i think it is the oem) is made so the knob on the on off  not interfere with my hand knukkle when twisting the throttle. But i will have to replace it because if i just barly touch it it makes bike run bad and shorts the ignition i think.
    Nice safety feature that fast blinking relay!  I once had to wrench a little on a car in the mddle of city.It was winter and very cold.After i drove home about 8 kilometers and got out of car i found the socket wrench kit was still sitting on the roof of the car open  ! it had a metal casing som mayby that made it stick I think all the pipesockets was there to .I once replaced headlightbulb on a bike and to get to it i had to take the horn of. Afer about 3 weeks with riding i discovered a 13mm socket still sitting on the nut for the horn.I have a picture of that but can not find it now.
    Last edit: 18 Jul 2024 01:20 by Rolf1976_KZ900.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Scirocco