Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

USB Inspection Camera 16 Jan 2013 17:41 #567698

• agnogel
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Just an update i received the camera before XMAS and have played around with it and for the money its very good value does what it says on the package its water proof also and there is a control wheel on the usb end to brighten or dim the lights i just pluged it into my PC and went to my computor and it loaded through windows midia player i did not load the disc with it
The video is not mine but it is the same results as said very good value and very handy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

USB Inspection Camera 16 Jan 2013 18:16 #567702

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
make it into a helmet camera..... provided that you are in good mental health. :whistle:

USB Inspection Camera 16 Jan 2013 19:06 #567717

• KZJOE900
  • KZJOE900's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Mine worked pretty well too agnogel. Been too lazy to post a review on it. But here are some thoughts I have regarding it. First, yes it functions well and does what it says it supposed to do. But here is what I wish it was capable of doing.

First, I wish it had the ability for me to be able to focus (manually of course for the price). The focus is fixed on it and you are bound by this range. I sure the expensive ones come with remote focus cababilty.

Second, the four LED's are not as powerful as I would have hoped. But I guess I could supplement the lighting.

It would be nice if it did have a slight wider angle field of vision (as stated in the video) than normal.

Anyhow, I did look inside one of my pistons before I took the top end apart. It basically confirmed to me that the pistons had carbon build up. Was not able to really determine the health of the cylinder walls using it because of the fact that I could not focus for the needed distance and not powerful enough lights.

I would have like to have had it when I cleaned out my tank to make sure it was debris free.

Haven't tried it for plumbing.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

USB Inspection Camera 19 Jul 2016 04:06 #735416

• Callietechno010
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey,

I am also using borescope inspection camera and bought it some days ago. Its amazing and has very good features. Yet not have any problem from this.

USB Inspection Camera 30 Sep 2016 23:27 #744096

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
I bought a USB inspection camera from Amazon recently. At less than $20 delivered, with a 15 ft cord that plugs into my smartphone, what's not to like? Wish I could find one with a 5mm camera though, the 7mm on this one is just a tad to big to fit down a .22 caliber barrel.
KD9JUR

Last edit: by steell.
  • Page: