Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

who needs snap on 03 Dec 2010 05:19 #415128

• captchas
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought my snap on tools in 1981. I like them but I won't buy that brand anymore. Just too darn expensive and there are other tools like the ones you posted that work just as good.[/quote]

got you beat man! started buying my snap-on and mac back in 1963, now it's warrenty them only, also now since stanley owns mac tools i can run to walmart for just a good, or buy the upper priced ver/grade from harbor tools. these are look almost like snap-the rip off and work as well.still warrentied for life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

who needs snap on 18 Jun 2011 15:06 #458032

• wizardmc
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Know this is old but just so you know Snap-on owns Kobalt bought them a few years ago
77 KZ1000A1
TTU,Texas

who needs snap on 18 Jun 2011 16:22 #458050

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207

wizardmc wrote: Know this is old but just so you know Snap-on owns Kobalt bought them a few years ago

I was reading on your site about 'who makes what tools' www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/whotools.html. One part explians that the various manufactures use 'the exact same forgings' for all the various brands they sell. This is NOT true for Snap-on tools. Our retail brand Kobalt sold through Lowe's stores, shares very little if any traits with our traditional Snap-on line. They are made in the same plants, but most of the manufacturing tooling is different. They are made by the same UNION skilled machinists useing the same tried and true processes. The designs for these tools are completly different. They use different material and are heat treated differently.

I hope this clears things up slightly
Dan Peronto
Tool Designer
Snap-on Tools
Kenosha Mfg Plant

KD9JUR