Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

soften old exhaust gaskets for reuse 22 Nov 2010 20:44 #413872

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
TerryK wrote:
I think many will disagree with you on the whole redneck engineering deal. There are MANY members here that are very talented mechanics, machinists, fabricators and riders that don't deserve to be pissed on by your lame generalizations.

True; however, there are members here who, let's face it folks, are not talented mechanics and who may do things (or seriously consider doing things) that could for sure be considered redneck engineering. Saxjonz will no doubt be crucified for his statement, but there is certainly an element of truth in it. No offense folks, and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but as a recent example.........

I was thinking that some temporary wind protection would help to extend my season. I have 12inch mini ape hangers and was thinking of cutting a piece of plexiglass to fit acros the bars and secure with zip ties.
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 650ed.

soften old exhaust gaskets for reuse 23 Nov 2010 16:52 #413958

• TerryK
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
650ed wrote:

TerryK wrote:
I think many will disagree with you on the whole redneck engineering deal. There are MANY members here that are very talented mechanics, machinists, fabricators and riders that don't deserve to be pissed on by your lame generalizations.

True; however, there are members here who, let's face it folks, are not talented mechanics and who may do things (or seriously consider doing things) that could for sure be considered redneck engineering. Saxjonz will no doubt be crucified for his statement, but there is certainly an element of truth in it. No offense folks, and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but as a recent example.........

I was thinking that some temporary wind protection would help to extend my season. I have 12inch mini ape hangers and was thinking of cutting a piece of plexiglass to fit acros the bars and secure with zip ties.

lol, and? My point was that no matter what WE think about it, others can do what they please with their own scoots and they should be able to without someone bashing them on here. Have an opinion yes, but openly criticize and berate?? Not so much.
1977 KZ1000
GSXR swingarm and rear brake
WM6 rear Akront rim
Wiseco 1075c pistons
33 smoothbores
stage 3 Web Cams
Head porting
Dyna S ignition
Lockhart oil cooler
Wiseco header

1980 Z1R drag bike
1200cc
38 Flatslides, .
500' cams
7" slick
Dyan 4000 SP ignition
etc

Ontario, Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TerryK.