Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

gasket removal? 09 Nov 2005 20:04 #7441

• Willo46
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Don't know about the Matco kit. I use basic stuff: Stanley knife blades, Scotch Brite pad with a little ATF, gasket remover spray for stubborn spots, also use little abrasive wheel pads on the Dremel for cleanup. I found the gasket remover scrapers tend to gouge too much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

gasket removal? 09 Nov 2005 21:25 #7457

• KZbilly
  • User
man the suction lapping tool is awsome I have used it before on lawn mower engines and I love it. I think you will be pleased.

gasket removal? 10 Nov 2005 05:39 #7487

• wiredgeorge
  • wiredgeorge's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I recalled hearing about the super suction lapping tool awhile back. Anyone who has lapped valves will wonder if the little cheap suction cups on a regular lapping tool ever actually held a valve... I looked online for about an hour before finding one of the suction tools. Later, I found out that K&L sells them and Jeff at www.z1enterprises.com is a K&L dealer. Dang... all that time wasted! Anyway, I hope it works better than a regular lapping tool.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

gasket removal? 10 Nov 2005 08:48 #7529

• mysticwolf
  • User
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys, been a little down. My kit just came with a standered shank, and a 6 inch shank to put on the die gringder, with the head, and 2 scuff pads, not sure about a link though, A freind got it for me, he is a mech. It was the only place I could grt it. I looked just about everywere, lows, home depot, ace hardware, wally world. If anyone whants one, I can get them for you if you like, just pay the cost, plus what shipping would be. I just looked at the matco web sit, not sure how to post the link, never done it. But they didnt have one listed exactly like the one I bought, so if anyone wants to see a pic. of it I can post it later today when I get home from work.

Post edited by: mysticwolf, at: 2005/11/10 12:02

gasket removal? 10 Nov 2005 21:01 #7653

• b200driver
  • User
George,

The best thing I have found for gasket removal is single-edge razor blades. If you hold it perpindicular to the gasket surface, and scrape along the surface, it is very effective in removing the old material. The blades will dull quickly, but that's why they come in boxes of 100. Good luck.

• Page: