Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ200 shifting after placing it on centerstand while in gear. 14 Aug 2021 04:26 #853769

• msanch08
  • msanch08's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Mike
  • Thank you received: 4

If you need a service manual, there are several on fleebay right now in the $12 - $30 range. Be sure to get one that covers your exact year.
I have uploaded a KZ200 sevice manual into the database some month ago:  kzrider.com/filebase/category/8-kz200
Maybe an admin can duplicate the manual into the Articles -> Service Manuals category.

Thanks. I did not think to look there.

TexasKZ, my apology for long time in reply.   First, thank you very, very, very much for uploading the KZ200 service manual.   This will be invaluable going forward.   I have always done all work on the bike, but, the Haynes manual is sometimes very brief.   THANK YOU.   

1978 Kawasaki KZ200
1999 Suzuki SV650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ200 shifting after placing it on centerstand while in gear. 14 Aug 2021 04:28 #853770

• msanch08
  • User
  • Mike
Scirocco, thank you for the service manual.
1978 Kawasaki KZ200
1999 Suzuki SV650

KZ200 shifting after placing it on centerstand while in gear. 14 Aug 2021 04:34 #853771

• msanch08
  • User
  • Mike
TexasKZ, Sirocco and Bluej58:

Thank you all  for your input and references.   I have downloaded the service manual (first time I ever had access to anything but the Haynes Manual).  

I really appreciate each of your responses.   I will read the appropriately noted sections and reply back after.

Yes, I have changed the oil filter before, several times.  Not only is it a mess, requiring a big cardboard box flattened beneath it, but, one must be very careful in removing the cover not to damage the gasket.   There are no replacements anymore.

I regret not buying an extra gasket in the 90's when they were still in stock at some places.  
1978 Kawasaki KZ200
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Page: