Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750 Engine in pieces, suggested mods to do "while I'm in there" 05 Jun 2021 06:04 #849637

• Hemmek
  • Hemmek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Btw, i see you sell Air corrector jet kits for the VM carbies .
Any chance i could make them fit my Keihin CV carbs(stock carbs)
Or the Mikuni BS34 i have on the shelf? :) 

Are there any other kits that could fit the bill? 

Kawasaki kz750 E1 1980
Kawasaki GPZ 900R A1 1984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Hemmek.

KZ750 Engine in pieces, suggested mods to do "while I'm in there" 05 Sep 2021 15:18 #854872

• Hemmek
  • Hemmek's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
So im back att sea again and with my favorite pastime. 
Planning the build :) 

I got some goodies for the project in the mail last time i was home from the ship, sadly i didn't find the time to do much on Yellow (my 750) 

But a plan is taking shape, the wiseco kit has arrived, the BS34 i already have (just need to find them) Got the GPZ750 cams (however considering going the megacycle route for some extra power or if i can find any local shop that can do the same, i used to know a guy who knew a guy who did magical cams. but doubt i can get hold of him as it been at least 10 years since we worked together. 

Pro of that solution is that i can keep the rev counter gear. 

Gotten the clutch also, still missing springs 
Oilpan, oil cooler and all those bits. 

Next on my wishlist is a proper exhaust.
Going for performance and spending a lot on modifications and parts already so it would suck if the exhaust limited the output. 

Next time i'm home my plans is to check the wear stuff, bearings, camchain drivechain and such. 
Order the rubbers. 

Then get in touch with a shop that do awesome job porting, gonna see what he has to say about my heads, thinking porting, maybe bigger valves (unsure if there is room) 
Valve job, maybe some other mods while we are in there. 

I'm shooting for 100hp or more at the crank so. 
And i have a feeling its possible. 

I do wonder thou if i should spend the extra dough to get the rotating assembly sent away for balancing, possible to shed some weight. 

Ignition wise what do peps run with? 
Thinking i could probable see some torque increases with a more optimized ignition. 
Also YES i will get it dynoed, to get the fuel mixture perfect and ignition as well and i will Supply a complete project thread with pictures once the build starts. 
Getting exited about this actually. 
Kawasaki kz750 E1 1980
Kawasaki GPZ 900R A1 1984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: