Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2005 KZ1000P Piston circlip install tool??? 16 Jan 2021 12:30 #841817

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
Looks like you have quite the shop there z1kzonly! I have a small bench top knee mill but would love to have one like yours. I have a 4 axis DRO on it which is a real help, but the head doesn't tilt forward and backward. Not good for setting tram. I actually have to shim the top turret to set Y axis tram and it's a pain. Best I can get is about .001 out. I have no lathe, but would like to have one, but probably never will. Not enough time left on my clock to get money out of one.

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2005 KZ1000P Piston circlip install tool??? 16 Jan 2021 21:37 #841843

• Mc Tavish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
Hi Rick, that circlip tool you found is a beauty, a simple and elegant solution to a common problem.
You will also be pleased that you didn't pay too much for that tool as it still retails for $89 for it's original Porsche use, he modified it to suit your needs for free!
I think anyone with a lathe should be able to knock one of these of in no time to suit Kawasaki pins/clips.
I really miss having the use of my Dad's lathe, sad.
I have included a link to the tool so everyone can have a look at how simple it would be to make.
Cheers.
www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/STOMSKISR...SVSI=911M&DID=197353
1978 z650C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick H.

2005 KZ1000P Piston circlip install tool??? 16 Jan 2021 23:10 #841846

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 511

Rick H. wrote: Looks like you have quite the shop there z1kzonly! I have a small bench top knee mill but would love to
Rick H.

Hi Rick, That machine shop is my good friends. We worked together for 30 years. I get to work there whenever. I helped build that race car the 33 Willys AA/gasser and fab stuff. Took 10 yrs. Hand built the frame, it's a fiberglass body, Old 1954 1st generation Hemi, Blower on Methanol. Plenty of google items for it. for the Caged Heat The frame is for a 48 Austin Pick Up. My bikes are at my home with a 1-1/2 car garage. I do it for the relaxing hobby part. We been out since 2015 Running .
We've been as far as Byron, IL. for the meltdown show. Martin, MI. Ohio, Galot, NC.
Check it out.www.facebook.com/pg/superchargedAAGassers/posts/
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick H.

• Page: