Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Engine wont start 23 Sep 2017 18:46 #771547

• MrNoob
  • MrNoob's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Long story short, bought a nice 82 kz440 for 350 dollars that did not start. Change the spark plugs and got it to fire right up. However now having some issues getting it to even crank. You can hear the starter solenoid activate, however once in a blue moon you can hear the starter turn, however with the sound of a low battery. I have a feeling it is a grounding issue.

One of the key reasons I think this is there is a pretty big gauge grounding wire cut. Pictures below, However just looking for input before I change this out tomorrow.

I have a brand new battery charging now, I had been using a jump pack, which had said it was full.

One of the reasons i think it is a grounding issue is one of two things. FIrst, when i had attached the positive to the battery pack, and the neg to the frame, all the lights turned on, and this is with the key off. so turned the key on and pressed the start button no click. So I stuck it back on the neg, and tried a few more times, and after one attempt, a spark shot out from the clutch lever.

The photos are the connection point of one of the ground wires that had been cut.

Any one got any insight??

UPDATE: 9/24/2017... FEELING HAPPY because i got a not to shabby bike for $350 and it starts like a champ, it was a ground issue. For some reason, someone chopped this ground wire... No idea why someone would do that haha. Maybe he pissed off his GF and she knows a thing or 2 about bikes? Time to take this to a mechanic and have them give it a once over.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MrNoob.
  • Page: