Exhaust Leak

More
20 Apr 2017 05:26 #759652 by diggerdanh
Replied by diggerdanh on topic Exhaust Leak

Patton wrote: Installation tip --- use dabs of high temp copper sealant to hold the gaskets inside the ports while maneuvering the exhaust system into position and getting the clamp nuts started. Perhaps also tape the split collars together. Idea being to help keep all the components from separating and falling apart during installation. Such as gaskets falling out of ports, and split collars taking flight. :pinch:

Ah, good tip and I just had a "why didn't I think of that?!" moment. I was just struggling through this a few weeks ago. I knew the tip of using some copper sealant to hold the exhaust gaskets though I did not use it. But I was having a heck of a time keeping the split collars in place when trying to get the exhaust in position and felt like I needed just one more hand. Taping them together would have worked perfectly! I'll try to remember that for next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2017 07:32 #759663 by VTEC
Replied by VTEC on topic Exhaust Leak
When you glue the gaskets to the head be sure they are centered around the exhaust ports to prevent any deflection of exhaust flow.

KZ1000-K2
ZRX1100
XR400R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.