1980 750 LTD TWIN

More
18 Sep 2016 14:17 #742760 by OLJOCLARK
Replied by OLJOCLARK on topic 1980 750 LTD TWIN
I haven't the confidence to try checking valve clearences yet.But I will.Might be this winter when it's too wet to go after them winter Crappies! I been steady trying to dial in a formula on the carbs.Woowie,I had some back firing,mostly on decellaration and found the end hole in the idle jet to be plugged,cleaned that,sprayed and blowed the rest of the carb while it was out.Got it running better at higher speeds,when I say higher speeds I mean about 50 mph on some small roads away from the local Police route,Havent registered it yet.But then wanted to flood after idling for a few minutes.It will stay running if I raise the idle screw up a little now after adjusting some more,but now want s to bog at higher speeds,AS I said before they are mikuni gravity fed carbs,only one adjusting screw,I,m assuming is fuel Air mix.Do you think my carbs have the drill out to get to air adjustment screw?Now I,m thinking I,ll check coil readings .Anyone know what they aughtta read?So far both plugs spark good until they flood and soot over.From reading they are the correct non resister plugs,two new ones and old one for spares,which look new.I haven't seen an o ring yet.What would require o rings in my carb?Also there are no washers for the main jets.Thanks in advance for all your help.I.ve had several bikes in my life and my favorites have been the older ones.Look at this crazy list starting when I was about 14 years old. Honda cb 50 Honda 65 Harley Davidson Lggaro 65 ,My brother had a 1961Harley,Hummer 165cc,Harleys were cheap then! Suzuki 250 Honda cb 350 1978 Suzuki 550 4 1985 Yamaha 700 Yamaha Venture Royal 1991 Kawasaki 800 twin .you,d a thought I'd learned more about em by now! The Little red 750 is a head turner in my neighborhood.Or they they just cant believe Oljo is at it again> :laugh:

1980 Kawasaki 750 ltd G Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2016 05:34 #742818 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 1980 750 LTD TWIN
Addressing carbs is often a waste of time absent first assuring that valve clearances are within specs.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.