Engine build for supercharger

More
03 May 2016 00:56 - 03 May 2016 05:58 #724216 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Engine build for supercharger

zedrunner900 wrote: Now that is a seriously sweet ride! I've seen pics online of her before. How long did the build take?
what did you mean by treating the build the same as a turbo, is that just making sure everything can handle the power or are there parts/techniques only used on forced induction builds? Cheers for letting me pick your brain

That one took around 3 years but I do everything my self from welding, machining ,engine building to electrics and paint etc etc.
What I mean regarding the engine is that you would build it to more or less the same spec whether it's to take a turbo or supercharger all depending on the application you require - street or race etc.
i.e - Basic must haves are welded crank and low comp (8-1 ish) forged pistons and some HD barrel studs, that's it! and it's prudent to throw in a HD cam chain and manual tensioner while you are in there.
Good ignition system and general condition of the other engine components are a given as that extra power will soon highlight any real weak spots or faults.
The std cams will work well for the street and a billet second gear might be worthwhile if you are into sprinting or giving the box a hard time.
You could really put some money in to it but how long is a piece of string.
My Drouin has a std box and it's just fine .
Those second gears don't break as often as some people profess and it's mainly down to hard launches on the strip with a wide slick that causes them to fracture.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 03 May 2016 05:58 by zed1015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zedrunner900

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zedrunner900
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 May 2016 09:09 - 07 May 2016 09:53 #725040 by zedrunner900
Replied by zedrunner900 on topic Engine build for supercharger
If I did use a low 8:1 comp how would it ride? I might have to until I can afford the supercharger, the build is snowballing in my head! Remortgaging the house might be on the cards
Last edit: 07 May 2016 09:53 by zedrunner900. Reason: I'm an idiot

• zedrunner900
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 May 2016 11:01 #725051 by zedrunner900
Replied by zedrunner900 on topic Engine build for supercharger
As for the supercharger, I'm looking at a Rotrex c15. Has anyone had any experience with them? I also (obviously) need to upgrade the running gear, what are the chances that I can bolt on a front end from a zx6 or zx10r? Thanks guys for walking me through this