head gasket

More
27 Mar 2015 14:23 #665433 by jlat
Replied by jlat on topic head gasket
hello people; I'm not much of a shopper and I need a HG soon. I'd like to find a place that has everything as I need some other stuff. Any comments?
Also a copper would be preferred because you can reuse it?
IBBY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2015 16:26 - 27 Mar 2015 16:27 #665446 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic head gasket

jlat wrote: hello people; I'm not much of a shopper and I need a HG soon. I'd like to find a place that has everything as I need some other stuff. Any comments?
IBBY

Click here > www.z1enterprises.com/

Usually best not to re-use a head gasket of any kind, imo.

I don't know if it might be possible to successfully anneal a used copper head gasket.

Is it for certain that the head gasket is leaking?

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 27 Mar 2015 16:27 by Patton.

More
27 Mar 2015 16:52 #665449 by jlat
Replied by jlat on topic head gasket
hello Patton; My head is off and I'll need one for reassembly. I'm going to start a new thread on what's happening with it.
IBBY

More
29 Mar 2015 05:21 #665613 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic head gasket

jlat wrote: hello people; I'm not much of a shopper and I need a HG soon. I'd like to find a place that has everything as I need some other stuff. Any comments?
IBBY

If you are not racing then go for a fibre gasket as it should be years between changes if all else is well with the rest of engine on initial assembly.
The copper gasket needs the barrel tops piano wiring to ensure a good gas tight seal and spray on sealer before assembly.
They are also prone to oil weepage around the outer studs .
We only use them for racing because of the frequent maintenance schedule (measured in running hours or drag strip passes) needed to keep the engine at it's best, they can be re-used ( re-annealed and flipped over ) and retain a constant thickness for consistent squish and compression figures.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-