hard cold start

More
22 May 2014 11:32 #633451 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic hard cold start
www.z1enterprises.com sells fuel filters that will work for your bike, also find one from a lawn mower shop for a gravity fed filter, as these work too. Auto parts store sell filters, but these are designed to use a fuel pump, and are too restrictive for motorcycle use

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2014 13:44 #633484 by Janz3n
Replied by Janz3n on topic hard cold start
so, removed the filter today at lunch, first thing i noticed was it was put in backwards. found giant arrows pointing towards the petcock. second, i noticed this the first day i got the bike but never thought anything of it. the filter was higher than the petcock. im assuming this didnt help the fuel supply along with the backwards filter. so i removed the filter all together and just hooked up the fuel line straight to the petcock.

rode the bike home and no issues at all. now, do i actually need an inline filter since theres already one in the petcock i assume? im also hoping this has something to do with my hard cold start. i'll find out tomorrow morning if it fixes that at all.

81 kz305 ltd

More
24 May 2014 05:47 #633747 by Janz3n
Replied by Janz3n on topic hard cold start
The next morning I tried to start it and no go. So I checked for spark. It has spark. Checked for fuel. No fuel from the pet cock. No fuel in the tank. Awesome. Filled the tank and it fired up.

Pretty sure that the inline filter has been the problem all along. Started it this morning as well. Still a little hard as I know the choke is not adjusted proper but non the less my issue is solved.

81 kz305 ltd