Identify these Yoshimura pistons "POPY" PIX ADDED

More
09 May 2010 11:04 #366824 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic Identify these Yoshimura pistons
larrycavan wrote:

More HP will come from leaning out the waayyyyyyy tooo fat jetting Sudco sets up the CRS carbs with. It was FAT CITY and nowhere near broken in on the first go 'round.

My estimate is Dave's bike should pull about 93-96 HP at the rear wheel if done on the same dyno.

Funny stuff how what was once considered racing setup got to become relatively mild street motor setups as the years went by and the new bikes go so much faster :)

no dought....
back in the day there was a guy in thunder bay...named eddy barrett....he was an "older" cool guy who drag raced bikes...he had a 1385 kit in his bike....and I remember thing that he was freaking absolutley crazy!!!!

time goes by and I find myself with a turbo busa....guess 'ol Eddy was just ahead of the rest of us.

I miss those days...seemed there was always a couple of guys to ride with...there was always a couple of girls who wanted a ride...I had hair...haha
the world keeps turning.
I'm going for a ride...talk to you boys laterB)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2018 09:53 #783123 by Sooper_arthur
Replied by Sooper_arthur on topic Identify these Yoshimura pistons "POPY" PIX ADDED
Does anyone still have the Yoshimura info that was posted on this thread? I can't see any of the pics. I'd like to have them as I've got my father's ex championship Hillclimber with yosh top end.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.