Recharging/Starting?

More
20 Mar 2006 20:02 #32960 by gas
Replied by gas on topic Recharging/Starting?
Buddy, hook up with ebay and get a Factory Service Manual. These manuals pop up on ebay fairly frequently and are light years beyond the Clymers. I see that you have a 77/650. Look in the files section and you will find a TON of info for your bike, more is included in the non model specific area. See were the hose runs from your petcock to the carbs? Make sure that the petcock is in the closed position, then pull the hose out were it joins the carbs. You can then pull the hose over, turn on the petcock and see if you have fuel moving to the carbs. Or, you can unlock the seat, lift it, pull the tank toward the headlight, then up, and bingo, off comes your tank. The petcocks show up on ebay also. Oh ya, if you lift the seat there should be a plastic tray covered with a plastic lid sitting on the wheel well. This lid pops off and you may find the original owners manual under there, if you are lucky. I had that mini manual and tool kit when I got this bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2006 20:16 #32965 by MattBlack
Replied by MattBlack on topic Recharging/Starting?
Thanks Gas.

We're finally suppose to go up to +10 this week so I'll have some warmer weather to work on this thing. I'll try pulling off the hose to see if it's working for me or not. And yeah, I'm waiting for one book to get in alreasdy, but I'll have a look out for the FSM. There wasn't any with the bike, I checked. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.