wow... like a whole new bike. everyone should check this.

More
03 Mar 2006 21:44 #28062 by NOS
I have everything correct, and have checked the plug wires and the coils. I fixed what I thought was a bad positive connection on one of the coils and cleaned the sparkplugs. Even after all of that I still can't seem to get it started. I did notice that two of the sparkplugs (#1 and #4) had even brown deposits and the other two had carbon and some oil. I think the carbon and oil are just from valves and or piston rings, as I haven't taken on the engine rebuild yet. But, the oil and carbon never stopped me from starting my bike before...
I tried to start it with the plugs to the exhaust valves open and also closed, still nothing :(

Perhaps a bad coil??? Have I been running on 2 cylinders this whole time? LOL, unlikely, but stranger things have happened...:unsure:

I will just have to keep trying. I think I will try putting the "clean air" thingy back on and see if she starts in the morning.

***Update*** I checked for spark and it was weak, so I replaced the wires and plugs, and it works great.
This mod gave me alot more low end and midrange power... so much that I hit a hole in a gravel road and hit the throttle and away I flew. Only had my pride hurt :blush: and the bike is fine.
Thanx again for all of the help

Post edited by: NOS, at: 2006/03/04 20:02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.