More
05 Jul 2008 14:13 - 06 Jul 2008 14:29 #224262 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Effects of 4 into 1 exhaust
Z1R rider wrote:

bountyhunter wrote:

Old Man Rock wrote:

Bountyhunter,

What's a "Kerker clone"?

Is this the Vance Hines or some other brand that has the looks of the Kerker...

Manufacturer name please...

OMR

I don't know who made it. It was the header sets sold by JC Whitney back in the 80's. Looked like a Kerker, kind of loud, really low price, goes like a bat outta hell. I still have it but got tired of the PITA because it blocks my oil drain plug... and it makes my aging ears ring.:blink:

Sounds like a Jardin, megaphone is a little shorter than a Kerker and WAY louder, a real "sharp" tone to it when you open the throttle. :ohmy: They were about $50 cheaper than a Kerker.

It might have been made by them to sell without brand by JC Whitney. It really did HOWL when I opened the throttle, at light throttle openings it was tolerable.

BTW, now that I looked at a real Kerker, I notice the clone's megaphone is about 4" shorter than the Kerker. Mine ends just in front of the axle nut, the Kerker extends back past it a ways.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 06 Jul 2008 14:29 by bountyhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2008 23:28 #224339 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Effects of 4 into 1 exhaust
I used a Mac 4-1 on my 80 1000A years ago. I didn't like the look of the muffler so I cut it off and used a can the old man had laying around.I didn't have to rejet but I did get a little sputter just before redline. On my 78 I used a Mac header and zx6 pipe and muffler. It sounded pretty lame. I never did get it running right so I took off the muffler and ran it open at the drags hoping to blow the motor up. :laugh:

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.