stroker 650 ? APE Jay?

More
15 Dec 2007 12:18 #185188 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic stroker 650 ? APE Jay? Lorcan?
I don't know when "nitriding" a crank became cost effective for smaller companies like APE to nitride cranks- but it has been around since at least WW2 and Chrysler and the B-29 engines that developed nitriding, hemi heads and dyno tuning and testing by chrysler.

When my uncle was racing for chrysler in the late 60s to mid 70s, he would throw out cranks instead of having them ground, because it was impossible to find machine shops that nitrided cranks, and the stock cranks were nitrided.

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2007 13:14 #185191 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic stroker 650 ? APE Jay? Lorcan?
I never heard any more from the Aussie who was going to build a 1010cc 750 turbo but he did mention that GPz900R rods were 4mm longer which would help with the rod/stroke ratio and had the same size big and small ends too. If you wanted to go cc mad you could also offset the bores but I think frankly there are better things you could spend your money on. It's possible to go very quick indeed with just 250hp but you have to look at the whole package, not just the motor ;)

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.