Please help!

More
11 Dec 2007 07:35 #184562 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Please help!
"Primed that baby and set on RES I rode around for probably 20 minutes with no real problems."

If the bike operates on RES and not in the ON position, you are almost out of gas or the ON position gas pickup is obstructed

"I still can't turn the choke completely off but I think that might be because I don't have any air filters for resistance (that's on the short list of things to fix )."

You have leaned out the air/fuel mixture with no air filter(s) in place and the choke operating richened it up enough where the bike can run. I would think the bike should still run, even if not rejettted without the choke on. I suggest you tune the pilot system after installing the air filter(s).

"How hot should the engine be getting on this baby? My ankle touched the side of one of the covers and boy was it hot!"

Wear boots when you ride.

"As to the clear fuel lines, I actually just got some yesterday from Z1 so I will put those on shortly. Another newbie question: Is the only fuel line the big one that goes from the petcock to the carb?"

The only fuel line is the one that goes from petcock to carb. You also have a vacuum line going from the carb to the petcock and it will be smaller diameter hose.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.