Restoring original pipes

More
24 Jul 2007 09:54 #159207 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic Restoring original pipes
harm wrote:

Snakebyte that is amazing! What did you put behind the holes for the spray to sit on? How strong is it?

I can not tellyou what I use due to a signed contract, but I can tell you that it is strong. It is as strong as a peice of aluminum of the same thickness.
I have drilled it and repaired treaded holes with it too. I sprayed it on a set of rims on a f-150 I owned I think I still have a pic Unforunatly it has a pic of me in it:dry: . The rims are were sprayed two years before the body work with no protection. In ohio we use salt and calcium in the winter:sick: . There are no signs of corrosion on them:) .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2007 10:23 #159218 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Restoring original pipes
Snakebyte wrote:

I have a spray welder that I am going to try on my pipes. It sprays Zinc and when you grind it down smooth it shines like polished aluminum. I also have fixed pot metal pits with it including hood ornaments and I dont charge as much as the other guys doo.

im interested also,can you send me a price list?

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
24 Jul 2007 10:44 #159221 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic Restoring original pipes
Prices are simple $150 foir the first hour, $100 every hour after that. I had to raise my prices due to the gas prices raising the shipping cost, and overall raising in price of zinc. Its about $250 a roll and the rolls are about the size of a medium size mig welder roll:pinch: :pinch: :sick: :blink: . the machine is the one in the corner and the car is a Pantara
Attachments: