Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

kz / gpz exhaust.. 08 Aug 2007 09:45 #162515

• KZDon
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
One of the guys at Rocket Motorcycle in Toronto (20 years ago - I don't know if they're still around) was very good at welding up and redirecting headers and exhaust cans. What about seeing if someone could be creative with the Kerker you picked up? Another alternative is finding a different header at a wrecker and grafting on the Kerker can.

As for the Mac pipes, I paid $299 Cdn for mine. The oil drain plug and filter are accessible. It bolted on in about half an hour, and took another half hour of fiddling to solve the air leaks. It hung a little low and wide on the right, so I used the armstrong method to bend it up and in a little. Now it sits just under the passenger footpeg, almost tight against the axle bolt. The Mac isn't pretty, and sounds like two Briggs & Strattons nailed together, but it does the job. I reset the carbs to stock jetting and things run fairly smoothly.

Try the links on the Mac page www.macperformance.com/store/category.cf..._ID=626&CatLevel=top

Here's a last alternative; call Mac and order the header, which exits to the right and won't interfere with the monoshock linkage, and graft on the Kerker can.
Midland, Ontario, Great White North

2004 650 V-Strom
farewell to 81 KZ550A2 - 82 GS750T - 83 GPz750 - R-Reg GT380 - 76 DT175 - 84 GPz550

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kz / gpz exhaust.. 08 Aug 2007 22:05 #162682

• 810gpz750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
just put a v&h 4-1 on my gpz750 and i love it the price was right $250...$10 more than the mac. personnaly i would rather have v&h by the wayu you can get comp baffles for it too $50 from v&h. hope this helps

kz / gpz exhaust.. 09 Sep 2019 19:55 #810613

• Gpzmac
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Bought a vance & hines system for kz750 to install in my gpz750 a1 from 1983 but it wont fit.
- pipe goes straight so centre stand needs to be removed
- the complete system ends up being too short so the muffler is close to the engine
- the collars are too large
- the kz manifold and gaskets are a little bit bigger than the gpz
- the rh oil line gets in the way of the manifold

Tips welcome
Attachments:

Last edit: by Gpzmac. Reason: Missed one pic