Now I've done it. A little help please

More
17 May 2007 23:35 #141163 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic Now I've done it. Updated.
Well, I went to Ace and grabbed one of those kits with the reverse bit with the threads at the top that supposedly work well. It was $20.00 and I sheared that too (the bit broke) Haa. So I took it down to the place that works on my Kaw from time to time and they got out the bolt and put a helicoil in it for strength. So another $75.00 later (highway robbery haa) my cam chain adjuster is fixed.

I could of picked one up on ebay for a few bucks, but I hate to wait for stuff.

On the flip side, I had time to do a thorough polishing on the adjuster and get all new chrome bolts and washers for it. It looks awesome now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2007 04:39 #141176 by Z1R rider
Replied by Z1R rider on topic Now I've done it. Updated.
:woohoo: Holy chit!!!! Did you at least get a kiss when they were done? :P I had an insert put in the head (spark plug) last year and it was only $15

1978 KZ1000, Z1R
1999 250 Ninja race bike
2013 WR250F, fun in the dirt

More
18 May 2007 05:09 #141181 by arobsum
Replied by arobsum on topic Now I've done it. A little help please
austin3119 wrote:

I haven't seen one of those bits. So I guess just go to the hardward store and ask for it. Wouldn't I need to run the drill in reverse. Sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks

use a small regular drill bit to start a pilot hole. then use an easy out. it might work. good luck.

More
18 May 2007 13:06 #141336 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic Now I've done it. A little help please
You would have been better off and cheaper, getting that manual one from Z1 Enterprises

More
18 May 2007 13:19 #141338 by reborn650
Replied by reborn650 on topic Now I've done it. A little help please
APE Jay wrote:

You would have been better off and cheaper, getting that manual one from Z1 Enterprises

Since kzr protocol doesn't allow for self-promotion, let me expand on APE Jay's post.

Pick up a manual APE adjuster from Jeff @ Z1 Enterprises and save yourself a lot of hassles. I broke the bottom mount of my original adjuster, tried the bolt in the back technique (to squeeze an extra couple of mm. outta the pushrod extension and finally gave up and called Jeff at Z1 for the APE adjuster.

Aside from doing its job well, it is one helluva piece of billet artwork.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...