Oh My Head!

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 11:29 #131154 by tellietubbie
Oh My Head! was created by tellietubbie
Advice please Guru's. I've got my head off and a new set of valves to play with. While I was inspecting the head,I noticed that the p.o had changed one of the intake valves for one with a slightly smaller diameter.It seems to me that in making this odd valve work, he'd have had to grind the seat or lap it further down into the head than would be needed for a standard valve.[which is what I want to put in it].See piccy.
Question : is it furked? All comments greatfully received.:blush:
Standard valve is 28mm diameter, oddball is 25mm.

Post edited by: tellietubbie, at: 2007/04/17 14:32
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2007 11:36 #131156 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Oh My Head!
I wouldn't say that. It will give you more are less compression to that cylinder, but as long as it works good with your cams with no airleaks through the valve work, I would say its still good

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

• wireman
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 11:37 #131157 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Oh My Head!
what do the seats look like?;)

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 11:45 #131164 by tellietubbie
Replied by tellietubbie on topic Oh My Head!
I'm gonna take them off in the morning and have a look, I'll post the results. Thanks a lot guys,my local mech looked confused when I said kz,so I left him to it:unsure:If its no good, I've got this:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: That black lump is a spare engine.And the front wheel you can also see is a 125 watercooled Honda trail thing of my lads.:)

Post edited by: tellietubbie, at: 2007/04/17 14:49
Attachments:

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 11:58 #131169 by tellietubbie
2 stroke watercooled honda single mtx125rw.I rebuilt it:woohoo:
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 15:11 #131250 by wireman
well just ride the 125!:evil: :P

More
17 Apr 2007 16:22 #131272 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic Oh My Head!
(1) remove the 125 engine and toss it in a dumpster

(2) insert kawasaki four into bike

(3) ?????????????

(4) FUN and profit!

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 16:48 #131279 by tellietubbie
The 125 belongs to my lad, his pride and joy,you can start it with yer hand on kickstart.
The 125's in the kitchen, the 500's all over the house,the wife left years ago.:woohoo:

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 17:02 #131283 by tellietubbie
Wiredood,kzwolf, I took the odd valve out and the shiny ring on the seat is approx 1.25 mm broad but was interrupted in a couple of places with sub millimetre particles of carbon. No damage and it rubbed off, but it was firmly attached initially. I'll post hi res piccys later today[Wednesday:blink: ]of that seat and valve and no :2 seat and valve for comparison. Thanks for the suggestions guys, although my lad may have something to say about throwing the 125 engine in the "dumpster", whatever that is:) :blink: :woohoo:

• wireman
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 17:20 #131286 by wireman
tellietubbie wrote:

Wiredood,kzwolf, I took the odd valve out and the shiny ring on the seat is approx 1.25 mm broad but was interrupted in a couple of places with sub millimetre particles of carbon. No damage and it rubbed off, but it was firmly attached initially. I'll post hi res piccys later today[Wednesday:blink: ]of that seat and valve and no :2 seat and valve for comparison. Thanks for the suggestions guys, although my lad may have something to say about throwing the 125 engine in the "dumpster", whatever that is:) :blink: :woohoo:

stick one of your other valves in there just for shits and grins to see how far the valve sinks into the seat compared to the other valves.if the seat looks like its not totally beaten to death or sunk get another valve and get the seats and valves ground and some valve guide seals and throw it together.if its too far gone snag the head off of the spare motor and drop it on there;) dont worry about the machine,i think he was beaten by a teacher with a letter J in school or something and doesnt realize the only real advantage to a j motor is the head and even that is a little bit more involved than most people realize to swap !:whistle:

• tellietubbie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2007 17:34 #131290 by tellietubbie
Thanks Wireman, that sounds good advice. Should I use one of the old valves or a new one to check height?
Is a "dumpster" a skip?
Lads in Wales till this afternoon, he may be on here later.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Themachine, I don't ride Hondas, theyre too slow.[ I learnt on an S1 250 triple 23 years ago];) My neighbour at the time was the local Kawa shop mechanic and rode a blue H2. He explained to me about interchangability of S1 and S2[350] barrels and bits. The police only caught me once. I ran out of fuelB) But did that thing fly!
All the Best Guys.:)

More
17 Apr 2007 17:46 #131294 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Oh My Head!
Dumpster = skip/bin, I'm good at translating American to English :D

KD9JUR