anyone into old japanese tuner parts?

More
05 Dec 2005 16:46 #11927 by MDawnz1
Replied by MDawnz1 on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
wireguy wrote:

how about the old style yoshimura header for 900-1000 that you have to pay through the tailpiece around here for,are they available?

When yoshimura did it's big split , Pops went back to Japan.
They still make the 900Z1 header systems.
New/Now !

LOTS more yen then I'll ever spend for a pipe.

1974 Z1a, still 903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2005 07:26 #12154 by solomrus
Replied by solomrus on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
agreed, a lot of the parts that are more desireable seem to be demanding very large sums.

if i end up with any of the pipes, i'll probably buy a used one with some damage to it, and then just fix it. might not be an option for everyone, but it might work.

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

More
07 Dec 2005 12:02 #12198 by dutchz
Replied by dutchz on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
Not to highjack the thread, but what happened with Yoshimura exactly? What is this big split you guys are referring to?
I've seen a couple of the Yosh headers pass on ebay. Usually pretty rusty but I know their reputation.

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Stock front hub and rear axle.

More
07 Dec 2005 13:06 #12205 by Garn
Replied by Garn on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
Sol', it seems a good service you can give on these Yoshi.. Moriwaki parts.

The trouble, as I see it, is how do we determine the *right* price?
I would not like to pay "over the top" prices, yet I would like you (your friend) to make his 20%.
So how do we determine the order price that we are agreeble to?

I'm interested in buying a Z1-Z900 "Yoshi" points cover, (Not a Mirowaki which I know is currently available). What should I do? If you say, you have one or can get one!
I'm also interested in components parts for the Z1 series in Stainless Steel.

For DutchZ, evidently, Pop Yoshi's son-in-law company, Moriwaki, split from from the original Yoshimura Company. I think about 1973!
The Yoshi headers/pipe are super! Two comments: you have to remove for oil-change and no center-stand!

Post edited by: Garn, at: 2005/12/07 16:14

1 x 73 Z1 (Jaffa), 74 Z1A, 76 Z900-A4
1 x 73 Yamaha TX500 & 98 fzx250 Zeal
Sydney Australia

More
07 Dec 2005 18:43 #12246 by wireguy
Replied by wireguy on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
my computer keeps(!#@#) jacking up on me!how much for the the yosh header?

More
09 Dec 2005 07:24 #12429 by solomrus
wire: don't sweat it, i'll post another one and see if you can see it.

what i do when i find something on there, is decide how much i would pay for the part. say, for a points cover.

so, i'd say i'd pay anything up to 50 for the part, then whatever the expenses for shipping and fees are. so, 70-80 bux total.

same would go on a header. if you felt good about paying 500 for one, then go for it. might not be perfect, as it appears that they are still valued rather highly over there. most definitely more of them tho.

he's literally bidding on the parts in an auction. yahoo japan auctions. not unlike ebay. what it basically ends up being is like when you bid on ebay, you put in your max bid, and the proxy takes care of it.

now, the problem is that he told me a header cannot be shipped by the normal EMS post. it would probably have to come via slow boat. shipping would be a lot cheaper that way, but take quite a bit longer.

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

More
09 Dec 2005 14:33 #12479 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
Yahoo:Japan has a different twist on the end of the auctions - there is not a firm end time. The bidding continues until no one bids within something like 5 minutes - so you have the opportunity to always bid and rebid at the end of the auction.

Don't expect too many bargains on Yahoo:Japan, we ship parts over there to auction as the prices tend to be much higher for many items. If the item is in good condition, the prices are far higher. If the items are inferior, the Japanese tend to avoid them - so the only bargains tend to be the marginal parts or parts for lesser models.

Shipping from Japan is expensive
www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/parcel.html
Here are the current rates - just drop the last two zeros to get a rough dollar equivilent.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
10 Dec 2005 21:10 #12575 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic anyone into old japanese tuner parts?
Whatever happened to making your own header from 20 bucks in muffler pipe? I change my oil. I wipe my own .... too. Nice power band for 20 bucks.

More
13 Dec 2005 07:34 #12933 by solomrus
jeff's pretty much spot-on.

i'm not trying to promise anyone any deals, just wanted to offer the opportunity to maybe have some cool parts that we don't see over here very often.

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four