• Page:

TOPIC:

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 03 Aug 2015 16:15 #684122

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2598
I've always wanted a old cop pan head.
At the bike week last year, the looks I got from the "posers" just made me love my 40 year old Z1 all that much more. I sat back at the Hair of the Dog drinking my beer and watching the people. They would walk past Bossie, turn around and act if they were looking at the Hog next to her. They weren't. :lol:
Who's the 1% er now? :whistle:
Steve

Depending on what happens at Sturgis, we might have one this year. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 04 Aug 2015 05:12 #684206

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
*WHO'S

Just sayin'. I got a bit confused there.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 04 Aug 2015 14:03 #684293

• pete greek1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 185
I've been to the 100, 105, & 110th yr. Hardley Davidson anniversary in Milwaukee Wisc. & every time I pulled up next to a bunch of Harley guys at a stop light, they ALL, complimented me , ..on my bike, & many said they had one back in the day, & they wish they still had it, there were people from all over the world there, & some could not even speak American, but they would give me a thumbs up, & I think they were telling me in their own language how Great my bike looked, by the looks & smiles on their faces,
I've never been to Sturgis or Daytona bike week, ...but I hear it's a joke , nowadays
Pete
1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 04 Aug 2015 14:16 #684298

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
They were just talking about "American Heat" bike week in Palm Springs. The visitors Rep. said they won't be having it this year and was vague about why. It was said the city next door might be willing to have it but all the hotels ans restaurants are in PS. Even though it is supposed to be for all makes, it is dominated by Hogs. The people are weary of the attitude and arrogance of some of the riders. The small businesses love it. Once again a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us. :angry:
Steve

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 05 Aug 2015 06:46 #684416

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
A buddy of mine went to Sturgis lasst year and says he will never do it again.......too many boneheads! :unsure:
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 05 Aug 2015 07:08 #684418

• Tyler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 92
My Brother goes almost every year, he has since the late 70"s. When I finished my 650 years ago, ho told me I should take it to Sturgis with him. He said all bikes are welcome "most" places around Sturgis. I may go with him one of these years. He told me Sturgis is no longer a "biker rally" but a tourist attraction for lawyers and dentists to show off how much money they can spend. He said there a few places the posers can't go... something about original MC's or something... :whistle:

Still the only requirement is a V-twin ( though most British bikes get a pass as well, or so he tells me.)
If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

Last edit: by Tyler.

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 09 Aug 2015 19:00 #685171

• ezrider714
  • ezrider714's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
So English was my least favorite subject, apparently you weren't to confused :ohmy:
Just got back, We had 2 Kaw's and people constantly came up to us, asking question, heaping praise as to keeping vintage bikes on the road, and the great condition of the bikes that were so old :laugh: Rode it half way from Ohio, couldn't stay awake and didn't have the time to sleep :silly:
Didn't run into any prejudices whatsoever, in fact what people would consider the stereotypical "biker" were the most supportive... When you're riding, they don't care about anything except that it has 2 wheels... We went all over to all the "biker" hang outs, as the third bike in our group was a Harley and had no attitudes or issues whatsoever.....And no he isn't 6'6" 250lbs. :laugh:
I spent money there cause it was a damn good time, Yes it's Harley oriented but it's really just a celebration of motorcycle riding, and the rides out there to see National monuments were outstanding, we were always joined by or invited to join huge groups of Harley's with no problems.
I want to go back next year.... :) It's beautiful country out there and as usual time was too short and the rides too long, to get them all
in over a few days :lol:

Attachment 451.jpg not found

Attachment 441.jpg not found

78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
4-1 Mac Jet Hot coated since mid 80's
Dyna Coils
Saddlebags (I ain't skeered of going nowhere) :)
Attachments:

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 09 Aug 2015 19:04 #685174

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37
Sounds like a great time, glad you had such a wonderful experience and were safe!!

- Irish
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 09 Aug 2015 19:25 #685176

• ezrider714
  • ezrider714's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38

kaw-a-holic wrote: Its lightened up a bit. I would gladly ride my bike through there. They can look down their nose at me if they like but I have spent many hours and hard work on my bike. A real biker appreciates all bikes not just HD. Being assembled here doesn't mean its American made anymore. And if it does..... well, mine was "assembled" here right in my garage and its the only one like it.

+100 :cheer:
78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
4-1 Mac Jet Hot coated since mid 80's
Dyna Coils
Saddlebags (I ain't skeered of going nowhere) :)

Whose repping their KZ at Sturgis 09 Aug 2015 21:25 #685188

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
:woohoo:

• Page: