Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 27 Sep 2013 13:13 #608000

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Great photos of some really beautiful awe inspiring riding country. But, What I really like about this Relay and this thread is the moto enthusiasts of all ages getting involved. Way to mix it up in the North West! Thank You All for All you have and are doing!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 20 Oct 2013 23:24 #610668

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Kawaholic, I just saw your bike. Glad you are ok buddy. You had an incident with a deer? Glad you made it out ok. Great photos guys. I really enjoyed passing the flag. Perhaps, I may be able to make it out to Cali in December. Holding my breath that I should have the bike finished by then and pictures up. The paint guy I spoke with last week said his load is lightening up and that he should be able to get er dun soon. If not I found another guy that would be more than eager to paint it for me and get it finished before the next ice age. Going to order up brake lines and get the brake calipers powder coated soon. Hopefully she will be done by November and I get to trailer it to Cali and perhaps meet up with that flag and bring it somewhere to meet up with the other guys if it hasn't already made its way down south.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 21 Oct 2013 11:33 #610699

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
Jonz, you can always crash and or eat at my crib on either leg of your trip. I repair trailers, too.
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxjonz

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 24 Oct 2013 01:06 #610998

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Why thanks! You and your wife are the bestest. Seriously, thanks a million for your hospitality guys. As for trailers, ahemm :blink: No comments from the peanut gallery. :whistle: It is pretty easy to get in to trouble backing up. Ask my wife. I told her clearly not to do this. Did she listen?...just glad she stopped as I yelled at her. A friend of mine, Danny, did the same thing. His bumper scored a few holes as the trailer penetrated its skin. It happens.

goodfastncheap wrote: Jonz, you can always crash and or eat at my crib on either leg of your trip. I repair trailers, too.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Jul 2014 08:10 #640931

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
NO pictures posted here in over 8 months. I know some of the specific legs of The Relay have photos but how bout getting some of those over here! :whistle:

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Jul 2014 09:45 #640942

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
  • Thank you received: 256
Sorry Forrest, I didn't know there was a "photo album"
Copied from previous posts

slayer61 wrote: So last weekend my wife and I went out "pre-running" our route to Lassen for this weekend and upon our return I noticed that the Big gpz had a damaged spark plug. A simple enough fix as I had spare plugs in the shop, but my wife is a great help in the shop. Here she is putting her tank back on after the repair. She's really looking forward to this and very excited as it will be her first "long" motorcycle trip.

Motor Head wrote: its OFFICIAL, The Flag is in California!!!
Handed to Slayer/ Paul and his wife in Mineral CA on Saturday afternoon.
What a ride!! Down and back in 2 days. We rode some great back roads today, and a few on the way down on Saturday. We found one road out of the Lava Beds National Park which was Loaded with Venomous Tar Snakes!! It wasn't even that hot, and the other roads were fine. All of a sudden you ride into a few corners where they were laying, ready to strike!! It was like finding gravel in a turn, you get real loose and your ass puckers up tight!!
I'll see if I can Map it out and post it.
722 miles by there map, but we logged just over 800 on our bikes.
goo.gl/maps/plaJy

Here is a picture of Slayer/ Paul with the Flag!

And check out this road, smooth paved road and No traffic, even in California!!!

slayer61 wrote: Yup, it's official! The flag is in California! We also left early Saturday morning with only one cup of coffee in us and a long trip ahead of us, so somewhere near Placerville Ca, we stopped to increase the caffeine level at a local gas station.

But past Placerville, but before Coloma, my wife had a little mishap on a curvy section and threw her bike down causing her some embarrassment and a little bit of road rash to her and the bike.

Not to be deterred, she motored on until lunchtime where we found a great little café on the side of the road and stopped for lunch at the Coyoteville Café.

It's right here on the map :)

Past the café, the road was so beautiful, that I just had to stop for a photo op.

Eventually we came to Quincy Ca, where we came across an independent bike shop with a fantastic staff who helped us out immensely! If you are ever in the neighborhood, be sure to stop in at Sierra Cycle Center and say Hi. My wife wanted to stop to see if they might be able to help her out with her missing mirror from her tip over some miles back.

Andy the owner said he has some FJR mirrors at home that just might work. 5 minutes later he is back with the mirrors and quickly has a replacement installed and hands me the matching right side mirror for when we get home. Total price for 2 new mirrors and one installation??? $50!

So I have to give a big shout-out to Sierra Cycle Center for helping us out! Thanks Andy!

Eventually we make it to the Lodge in Lassen and meet up with Daryl "motorhead" and his buddy Dave for dinner and the flag hand off

Keep in mind this lodge is in the middle of nowhere and there isn't gas for MILES around and I arrived on the 1100 on reserve! :ohmy: Daryl and Dave were kind enough to provide me with a "six pack" of gas, so that I could make it to the next filling station! :blush: :blush:

So we part ways the following morning, only this time I'M on the 550! :woohoo: and we head for home

Oh yes, the ever popular "selfy"

So we ultimately make it home safe and sound, tired hot and thirsty, but we had a GREAT weekend riding for the flag and look forward to the next trip! Slayer61 Paul!

slayer61 wrote: So,
The Mrs. and I made the trip down to Madera to meet up with Eddie and his son Josh for the hand off. 117 miles down hiway 99 through the blazing heat of Central California's valley. I found out recently that my old ass is only good for 50-60 miles before it's ready for a break :unsure: conveniently, there's a rest stop at about that location!

So we stopped for a cool drink and a break!

My wife, you might remember took a little spill :blush: on our last flag relay ride, so I put some new tires on her little gpz. She likes the way her BIG gpz handled, so the same kind of tires were put on her little bike.

We got to the Black Bear diner just before noon and had a little wait for Eddie, so we took a few pictures of our setting in the parking lot of the diner.

Soon enough Eddie and Josh showed up and we had lunch (thanks again Eddie)
and the official hand-off was made!

Eddies bike, I must say, is a thing of beauty! The little avatar picture, and the ones I've posted just don't do it justice... You could EAT off it, it's so clean B)

It has been an absolute pleasure meeting up with other KZRiders! "motorhead" Darry, Forrest, "the mad duck" and Eddie "eddiem" If you ever considered taking part in this momentous relay, do yourself a favor and DO IT! It's been an a great experience for me and the Mrs. slayer61 Paul

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit
Wife's BIG bike...... 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and factory FI Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest, Motor Head, bluej58

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 22 Jul 2014 10:00 #640947

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
No Problem at all Paul. Thank you for posting and sharing! B)

BTW, I did not even know there was a Flag Relay until last spring! :huh: :laugh:

Last edit: by Forrest.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 26 Jul 2014 18:34 #641539

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
Rode with my friend Chris today and picked up the flag from Eddy at Lake Isabella . VERY hot but fun ride and a total of 310 miles. Eddy you have a gorgeous bike, nice meeting you and your son Josh, even though he rides a Harley. Thanks for buying lunch very nice of you and hope to see you in South Fork.

The flag in front of the Film Museum in Lone Pine, CA.. Lone Pine is where a lot of the western TV series and films were made back in the 50's 60's 70's and 80's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, Forrest, Motor Head

Last edit: by baldy110.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 26 Jul 2014 20:36 #641562

• eddiem
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #63
  • Thank you received: 34
It was great meeting you and Chris to.
Your bike is pretty cool to, you did a great job with it.
Josh hung in pretty good today after celebrating his 30th last nite. lol
We ended up riding through some pretty good heat to.
We ended up riding about 200 miles today and it was a great ride.:)

Also looking forward to the rally.

1976 Kz900
1978 Kz1000
1978 Z1r
1982 Kz1100 A2
1975 Z1b-900
1975 Z1b-900
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motor Head

Last edit: by eddiem.

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 26 Jul 2014 21:51 #641571

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Great Job guy's. Thanks for sharing the photos, looks like you had a very nice ride and meet.
This has been a great relay. Thanks again 650ed for the original though to start the relay. :cheer:
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 27 Jul 2014 05:32 #641585

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 276
Great pics thanks for sharing . Had so much fun with this relay . checking out all the bikes and the pics from different parts of the country. To bad the rally is so far away from me . I know its going to be a great time
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

NORTH AMERICAN RELAY RIDE PHOTO ALBUM 27 Jul 2014 05:49 #641587

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Great shots folks, Let the good times roll, and keep rolling B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58.