• Page:

TOPIC:

It’s not a KZ.........But!! 06 Nov 2020 11:10 #838170

• Troubled1
  • Troubled1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Inline 4 ever
  • Thank you received: 2
I just made a deal on 2 running motorcycles. One is a late 80’s early 90’s Yamaha FZR600. Has all original equipment but needs paint. No big deal. The second bike, 85 or 86 LTD454. This bike is in really nice shape. The original owner was an elderly gentleman who passed away about 3 years ago. There are a couple scratches on one side where it landed when a gust of wind blew it over. One rear signal light lense is missing a piece but no big deal. Originally my niece’s husband bought it for her, brought it to his shop and did some work on it. New tires, battery and a couple other minor things. It was never ridden by him or my niece nor registered by them.

I know from previous experience that the FZR is a good bike overall with not very many issues. The LTD though I have no experience with. Has anyone here had one or know people that had one? We’re/are they as reliable as a KZ? Is the handling much different than that of the larger LTD’s? (I ride a 81 H2) enginewise, were there any known issues to be aware of? From what I have been told this bike has around 20k km (12kmiles)on the clock. From scouring YouTube I have found out that for a 450cc they are a pretty quick little bike.

I’m hoping over the winter to go through it and have it ready for spring and maybe my wife or one of my daughters will want to get their motorcycle license and ride with me. The price for the pair $550cdn. So about $10 USD.
1981 kz750H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It’s not a KZ.........But!! 06 Nov 2020 13:55 #838179

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103

It’s not a KZ.........But!! 07 Nov 2020 08:18 #838203

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I used to see them around from time to time and they seemed decent enough. I haven't seen one in years, though.

Did anyone read the wikipedia page? It's pretty funny. It implies that Kawasaki literally built each 454 engine by starting off with a 908 inline-four, ninja motor, then cutting two cylinders off. When Kawasaki ran out of 908 motors, they could no longer make 454 motors. LOL.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

It’s not a KZ.........But!! 08 Nov 2020 09:01 #838243

• Troubled1
  • Troubled1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Inline 4 ever
  • Thank you received: 2

Attachment not found

1981 kz750H

• Page: