Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

center stand 15 Aug 2020 04:25 #832945

• Mitch`s KZ
  • Mitch`s KZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
My gas filter is right after the tank before the pingel fuel cock. I thinh I like the way you have yours set up. After the pingel, and I like your metal hoses your using for fuel
Mitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

center stand 15 Aug 2020 04:28 #832946

• Mitch`s KZ
  • User
what kind of mucinis are you using?
Mitch

center stand 15 Aug 2020 11:38 #832961

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1859

Mitch`s KZ wrote: what kind of mucinis are you using?

Just a polite correction the brand name is Mikuni

Those pictures are of my 1978 Kz1000 LTD. Stock has the same carbs yours does, VM26mm with fuel mixture pilot screws. I got tired of burning my hands trying to tune the pilot on a hot bike. I purchased a set of VM28mm with accelerator pump and rebuilt them. I'm running APE pod filters. After getting help from members I purchased the Air Jet Correctors that Zed1015 sells. They compensate for the lean condition caused by going to pods, allowing you to tune properly. The Correctors are amazing.

I think your getting part names mixed up. You mention a Pingel was installed and that your filter is between the tank and the Pingel petcock. That's physically impossible. The Petcock screws directly onto the tank bung, it does have a screen filter on the top but no way to get a filter between the tank and petcock. I used 5/16 stainless steel 90 deg and 180 deg fittings along with a "Tee" to convert the single outlet Pingel petcock to supply the 2 carb fuel "in" connections. Search for beverage fittings and you can find lots of online companies that sell different size and configuration fitting. Just a note of caution. Maybe to cover my butt, but vet the online companies you find. Legit sellers will have contact information and will answer a phone call. Also I only purchase from online companies that offer PayPal checkout, it adds a layer of security if you have a conflict with them. Just my $.02.
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

center stand 15 Aug 2020 15:30 #832977

• Mitch`s KZ
  • User
Thank you for both of those links I would love to have some original KZ carbs refurbished rebuilt the original product that supposed to go with the bike let me ask you a question about that flasher you recommended I see it's electronic I can plug it right into the stock wiring harness there where it's supposed to go and it won't cause any issues for me correct thanks again Mitch
Mitch

center stand 15 Aug 2020 16:28 #832982

• Mitch`s KZ
  • User
Ha ha, my bad. My fuel filter is after the pingel. Maybe you can help me with the blinker issue. So I found out today that they do work just very very slow. And if I turn off the headline the speed in which they blink increases some. All so are my turn signal supposed to be lite when the headline is on, or do they only flash when you engage them. And thank you for your 2 cents about using legitimate companys
Mitch

center stand 25 Aug 2020 14:35 #833677

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
Reading your recent post made me go back and check this one. How did things work out here. Did you contact Johnny’s Vintage about the carb conditions? Did you get the new baffle or a new exhaust? Did the flasher solve the issue with the turn signals?
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

Last edit: by Mikaw.

center stand 25 Aug 2020 15:09 #833679

• Mitch`s KZ
  • User
yes I did contact johnny he said he thought it was A fuel air mixture adjustment. Due to the different climate. I did order the electronic flasher that you recommended. So I found the old one, unplugged it. Installed the new electronic flasher. checked everything, and it is working great. So I took it down and hade it inspected, and it passed. thank you so much for recommending the electronic flasher. It does flash quicker or a lot more than the standard 12 volt flasher does. And no I havnt upgraded my exhaust. Which I`m dying to do. and I still need to post pics. which I will do this weekend. Thanks for asking.
Dyno man is pressuring me to order a kerker chrome header through them. The problem is, is that they don`t know when they will have one in. Any ideas ? Thanks Mitch
Mitch

center stand 26 Aug 2020 08:10 #833709

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
Good to hear. As for the exhaust. You mentioned that you see something in the pipe. It Should be held in with one fastener on the side or bottom. You can remove the baffle and repack it. Most online sellers will have baffle wrap. When you have it out measure it up and then you can star hunting for a replacement. I’ve heard lots of good things about the Delkevic exhaust
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

center stand 26 Aug 2020 08:12 #833710

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
And to quote one of our forum moderators “pics or it didn’t happen”
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

center stand 27 Aug 2020 11:04 #833800

• Mitch`s KZ
  • User
Thank you for your help. Yes I can see some wire mesh inside the pipe at the end. I don't know much about mufflers. At first I thought that it was without a baffle, but I was wrong it just has the 2 or 3 inch competition baffle in it. You can notice where some of the wire mesh is starting to disappear at the end of the pipe. From what I remember and the kz I've heard on u tube this just might be a jerker. Sounds really good. It's just black. I was thinking of having it removed and maybe have it sent to jet hot. So that they could bake on that ceramic chrome look alike stuff on it. But now you got me thinking about changing the muffler. I could still send the pipes to jet coat. Thanks Mitch
Mitch