ajsfirehawk wrote: Whoever got the tank tail and side covers has to feel like they won the lottery if the pictures reflect the actual condition.
The tank tail and side covers were in great shape. No dents, and minor imperfections. Polishing and buff my have been enough to bring them back to life. At the worse, a light sanding of the top coat and re-spray with two part urethane clear would have brought it back to new condition.
Over the weekend I picked up a basket case 1980 KZ440B1... I think. It's the standard model vs the LTD.
- everything is there, including the airbox and 2-into-1 exhaust (which looks quite nice)
- two new IRC tires (3.5-18, 4.00-18)
- new battery (acid not added yet)
- side covers w/ emblems and nice original paint (blue)
- tank with emblems, stripped but no dents
- new superbike bend bars with bar-end mirrors
- Clymer manual
- key but no title
All for the low, low price of $100. Viva Craigslist.
1979 KZ400 Gifted to a couple of nephews
1967 Yamaha YCS1 Bonanza
1981 Yamaha XT250H
1981 KZ440 LTD project bike
2013 Yamaha FZ6R