• z1kzonly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
09 Aug 2014 03:05 #643207 by z1kzonly
Rick Brett's Location in Michigan? was created by z1kzonly
By chance does anyone know the location of the 2 - stroke guru "Rick Brett"
The Guy from England. He maintains a USA warehouse somewhere in Michigan?
He visits Mid-Ohio every year. And travels the USA buying motorcycles to export back to the UK?
I spoke to him 2 or 3 years ago. Lost his contact info?
Thanks in advance for any info. Saves me time, internet searching.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2014 13:30 - 09 Aug 2014 13:32 #643238 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Rick Brett's Location in Michigan?
Would you want everyone to know the location of the warehouse where you were storing a bunch of 750 triples awaiting shipping? :P

Crap! You want to know where he is, not the location of his warehouse :blush:

I'll get my coat. :unsure:

KD9JUR
Last edit: 09 Aug 2014 13:32 by steell.

More
09 Aug 2014 14:30 #643243 by OnkelB
Replied by OnkelB on topic Rick Brett's Location in Michigan?

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.

• z1kzonly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
09 Aug 2014 19:41 #643267 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Rick Brett's Location in Michigan?

OnkelB wrote: www.classickawasaki.com/

Yes, Thanks I do have that website. But It has his International phone #.
I have a (dumb phone) a trac phone. nobody calls me, I hardly call anybody! So my phone don't call international.
I spoke with Rick last year when he was on his way to Mid-Ohio. His connection in Michigan stores stuff and ships his items from ebay to the USA. What will be will be. Not my stuff, I'm just doing favors for a friend.
Thanks for the reply.

Starts everytime!

• seanbarney41
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
10 Aug 2014 19:11 #643400 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic Rick Brett's Location in Michigan?
A buddy of mine goes on a camping trip in the Traverse City area every year. Several years ago, he ended up running into Rick while cruising on one of his cb750s. Rick actually invited him over to his warehouse to have a look around...so I think he is based out of the Traverse City area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: z1kzonly

More
11 Aug 2014 10:28 #643488 by floivanus
Replied by floivanus on topic Rick Brett's Location in Michigan?
Traverse city is right, check over on kawi2strokes.com he maintains a presence on that message board.

my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew

• z1kzonly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Aug 2014 10:52 #643495 by z1kzonly
Bad timing for Rick Brett! He was stuck in a 116 degree ocean container loading it full of Honds's :laugh:
He could not find any cheap labor :laugh: It was fruit and carnival season.
He has 80 bikes to ship! New procedures demand all fluids be drained! Even brake fluids and tranny oil on 2 strokes.
Batteries also. WTF is it worth it now? Shipping across the ocean.
Rick got out of used parts. He just flips bikes now. And restores the good ones

Thanks for all the replies and info.

Starts everytime!

More
11 Aug 2014 12:41 #643503 by floivanus
Used parts? Searching for something or trying to unload something Marty?

Andrew

• z1kzonly
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
12 Aug 2014 07:42 #643608 by z1kzonly
I have a partner, I sold some of his nice 72 H2 stuff last year. Now he is wanting to unload everything.
He is a cheapskate! :lol: He wants more than he can probally get in todays economy.
He has an old school H2 dragbike that is turn key, wire wheels, 5.5 slick, air shift, stingers; has not raced it in years. He worked for Paul Gast "FBG" for 18 years, FBG is only 20 minutes away from us on Grand Island, NY. He raced 2 strokes in the early days with us guys, we worked with the infamous "Puppet" building Paul's first H2 chassis' then he moved up to 4 cyl Kaw car tire bike. Mike"Pugs" Puglia ran a 500H1 at the time setting national records. Jim Mangus ran The Nitro fuel Kawi. We used to travel around together.
"Pup" used to weld up chromoly frames and make double weld D.I.D. slick rims before anyone else had. Those bikes used to weigh only 250 pounds running. Dave Shultz ordered 5 in the late 70's-early 80's.

Plus, 2nd bike, he has a titled 74 H2 OEM project he started, painted a nice $1200 green paint job with Rick Brett's decals. I know 74-75's are worth 1/2 of the 72-73's.
He has other cases, tranny's, ignitions, stock carbs, couple of good cranks. Only the 1 set of stock pipes.
But he wants to "clean out all" package deal. My guy in California at classic runners laughed at his $9-10 grand price. But he was willing to do an offer of $5 g's. And all the parts would all have to be packed on pallets in Gaylord cardboard shipping boxes, along with the 2 bikes. After I told him that. He said "maybe I have to lower my expectations"
I do not have any pictures yet, but can get some in the near future. This guy is almost 60, and is not PC savvy.
He is paranoid of craigslist, he is very recluse, he does not like strangers in his shop. he has a lot of tooling and machine shop equipment.
This was the guy who did cylinder heads for FBG. I sold the Superflo 110 flow bench. last winter we used to Austarlia for $1250.
There still is a H2 2-stroke drag race sanction body down south. Lot of people would love to aquire stuff like this. But due to logistics, travel etc. It's tuff to sell without seeing it in person. It would take a couple of hours to go over all the stuff.
Too bad he did not contact me a couple of months ago, I am retired, I could have took it all to mid-ohio myself. It would have disappered there? Maybe? The way time flys, it might sit there till next year?
I will get a few pics in a week or so.
Thanks Flo V for keeping up with the thread. Sorry for the tangent, but once I start typing, all the memories come back.

Marty

Starts everytime!

More
12 Aug 2014 10:06 #643626 by floivanus
Yeah not much of a following for the 74 H2, I got a 3 thousand mile one in febuary for under a grand, solid but ugly.

Hard to price out a drag-bike as all the ones you see get sold piece by piece, probably worth a grand-$1500 (what a used engine of uknown shape should be) misc parts would be hard to value without seeing exactly what they are, but an unfinished project would only be worth what you know; good paint bodyset; $1500 engine and titled frame; $1500, so without knowing what misc parts there are that's $4,500, throw in some chambers, and other GOOD parts, (decent chrome or something) I'd say the $5k price is right.

The only correction; the UK guys LOVE the purple 75's and those are the money bike now.

Andrew

More
06 May 2015 18:46 #670929 by RB
Replied by RB on topic Rick Brett's Location in Michigan?

seanbarney41 wrote: A buddy of mine goes on a camping trip in the Traverse City area every year. Several years ago, he ended up running into Rick while cruising on one of his cb750s. Rick actually invited him over to his warehouse to have a look around...so I think he is based out of the Traverse City area.

How small is this World! I won't be stopping by here very often but you may smile at this story, I am based in Michigan, but one day I was literally "up a creek" in Florida looking at some manitees when I got talking to a "guardian" - he was asking where I was from and what I did, I told him I was based in Traverse City, he said that he actually owned a bar in Traverse City, I told him about my passion for Kawasaki's, he asked me if I know of a guy In traverse City that collects Kawasaki's ?, Apparently, He had a father and son in the bar on Honda 750's that had just visited the Kawasaki guy :ohmy: . . . . . and all this 2 miles up a creek in Florida . . . Small World! ;)

More
07 May 2015 03:15 #670961 by floivanus
RB, did you google your own name again?

Andrew