New to me 82 750 LTD

More
30 Apr 2014 15:17 #630947 by hgsnotes
Replied by hgsnotes on topic New to me 82 750 LTD
Thanks for the opinions and info. I'm not too concerned with the tank being a direct bolt on. I can modify any tank I get. Clearance with the fork might be fixed with some small scallops or dimples. Right now it's all just ideas. I will be searching the forum to see what others have done, what works, what doesn't, etc.

I bought a gauge pack ordered off eBay for a 1980 kHz 1000 that has a 140 mph speedo. New tach cable and air filter should be here tomorrow. Bought new gloves and helmet today. I plan on riding it as is this summer while I figure out what exactly I need in order to make it how I want and collect parts. Then tear into it during the off season.

While driving around for work today and day dreaming I thought about incorporating the design of my guitar into the bike.
[IMG

Then later I was talking to a buddy that just bought a buehl and he wants to add a stripe on his front cowl so I told him to get some striping from an auto body supply shop and it hit me that I could add some white stripes to the current tank like my guitar! Simple but I dig it.

82 750 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2014 20:14 #631341 by hgsnotes
Tore apart the blinker/horn switches and cleaned the contacts for the horn button. So that works now. Blinkers are hit or miss depending on how you jiggle the wires or wiggle the lights. I want something more compact for the rear lights anyway so that's what I will be shopping for next. Tach works now with the new cable. A friend of mine is pricing stripe tape to spiff the bike up some. And I removed the highway bars and luggage rack. Good thing I checked the chain adjustment too. Cotter pin was missing from the axle nut and 1 of the adjusters wasn't even in contact with the swing arm.

My new 140 mph speedo arrived so I have that to install. Even though the weather hasn't exactly cooperated with high winds and temps in the 40s and 50s I still rode it each day. Really looking forward to some warmth though.

I will post some fresh pics in the next couple days.

82 750 LTD

More
06 May 2014 05:55 #631488 by hgsnotes
I used some masking tape to help me visualize how my stripes would look. Go like this with a narrow stripe outboard of it.
[IMG

[IMG

I might go horizontal stripes on the side covers. Just going to use vinyl striping for this I think. Then if I get a larger tank and modify it later I can paint it more like I really want, but same basic style.

I did strip some of the extra stuff off the bike. Even just these few parts make it look a little leaner.
[IMG

[IMG

82 750 LTD