Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 14:34 #595049

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178
Bueller? Bueller?........ :whistle:

Seriously, If there is not a hand off person available, I have plenty of other things I can do this weekend. I have been willing to go the distance if someone will just step up. I feel for Peter, Nate, and anyone else trying to make this work. All we need is someone on the receiving end. How hard is that?!
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 16:45 #595064

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
hard as me at 6 a.m it seems
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 17:59 #595069

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

N0NB wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Does the Flag still need to go into Kansas? If so have you tried member N0NB? He is in Kansas. Looks to have a email address as well as the pm system here. in his profile it shows "Nate's Bike Pages" which has an email contact at the bottom. n0nb.us/kawasaki/
Maybe he has got his crops in by now?.

We've been cutting wheat since Saturday and probably won't be done with that until most likely Saturday the 6th. If the flag is still in Omaha a week from now things may settle down enough for me to make the meet. However, don't feel obligated to hold onto it for my part. If a plan falls in place that gets it moving sooner, then, by all means, do so.

Nate, you don't HAVE to ride to meet the flag carrier. If goodfastncheap can get the flag down to you, that moves the flag. I'm sure Pete can powder his butt, take 2 aspirin for his adolescent back and get down to you. It's a 2 hour ride. Then you hold the flag and someone (justinZ830) will pick it up. That way only one rider has to move at a time. No waiting for 2 riders to coordinate.
I'm going to the American Voyager Association Nat'l Rally next week in southern Ohio. Planning on riding the Dragon on the way home. There will be a bunch of Voyagers heading west all the way to CA after the Dragon. Maybe I can convince someone there on an old Kawasaki to move the flag. Omaha is too far north. On I-70 would be perfect. I know some of those guys are heading west along that corridor. I'd come get it myself, but I'm at the Experimental Aircraft Association Convention after the AVA Rally. I'm tied up till the middle of August. Move that flag, this is the perfect 4 day weekend. Lets gitter done.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 19:08 #595071

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75

TomW wrote:

N0NB wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Does the Flag still need to go into Kansas? If so have you tried member N0NB? He is in Kansas. Looks to have a email address as well as the pm system here. in his profile it shows "Nate's Bike Pages" which has an email contact at the bottom. n0nb.us/kawasaki/
Maybe he has got his crops in by now?.

We've been cutting wheat since Saturday and probably won't be done with that until most likely Saturday the 6th. If the flag is still in Omaha a week from now things may settle down enough for me to make the meet. However, don't feel obligated to hold onto it for my part. If a plan falls in place that gets it moving sooner, then, by all means, do so.

Nate, you don't HAVE to ride to meet the flag carrier. If goodfastncheap can get the flag down to you, that moves the flag. I'm sure Pete can powder his butt, take 2 aspirin for his adolescent back and get down to you. It's a 2 hour ride. Then you hold the flag and someone (justinZ830) will pick it up. That way only one rider has to move at a time. No waiting for 2 riders to coordinate.
I'm going to the American Voyager Association Nat'l Rally next week in southern Ohio. Planning on riding the Dragon on the way home. There will be a bunch of Voyagers heading west all the way to CA after the Dragon. Maybe I can convince someone kthere on an old Kawasaki to move the flag. Omaha is too far north. On I-70 would be perfect. I know some of those guys are heading west along that corridor. I'd come get it myself, but I'm at the Experimental Aircraft Association Convention after the AVA Rally. I'm tied up till the middle of August. Move that flag, this is the perfect 4 day weekend. Lets gitter done.

Tom, you sure are busy. :-)
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 19:22 #595073

• jeffasaki
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
OK THATS IT
im comming down to get it and im just gonna ride around with it and let people from different places sign it
78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, kzcurt

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 21:07 #595093

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

jeffasaki wrote: OK THATS IT
Im coming down to get it and Im just gonna ride around with it and let people from different places sign it

Sic um Jeff

Wish I could ride with you but Im starting 8 weeks of radiation for my latest cancer soon.

But I can offer you a place to stay 35 miles west of Detroit if that helps make the trip work for you. Ask Les Holt, I got a nice crib on the lake and 2 workshops for bikes if needed..

Let me know
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 00:13 #595106

• jeffasaki
  • User

Street Fighter LTD wrote:

jeffasaki wrote: OK THATS IT
Im coming down to get it and Im just gonna ride around with it and let people from different places sign it

Sic um Jeff

Wish I could ride with you but Im starting 8 weeks of radiation for my latest cancer soon.

But I can offer you a place to stay 35 miles west of Detroit if that helps make the trip work for you. Ask Les Holt, I got a nice crib on the lake and 2 workshops for bikes if needed..

Let me know
Dave B) B) B)

thanks man
if i ever show up 35 miles west of detroit
we WILL ride
we can trade turbos for the day
same here if you ever find yourself
36 kilometers east of sturgeon falls
78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 00:43 #595108

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Listen, we are all brothers. I live in Chicago. Mi Casa Es Su Casa applies. I have an extra room. The flag was a gesture. None of you guys needs to think twice for an excuse to ride; if any of you guys needs a place to crash and company to ride... The brotherhood starts... I ride to live. Live to ride and know many of you all feel the same.
79 LTD B3

Last edit: by saxjonz.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 00:49 #595109

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
I say that cause this place needs an enema and thanks to trianglelaguna the relay happened. I love to ride and always feel the same for my like minded bretheren who feel the same. And for those of you armchair riders, no matter what excuse life is meant to be LIVED as we only live once! The bills, the complaints, they will always be there. It's time we live what we all love!
79 LTD B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 01:11 #595112

• jeffasaki
  • User

saxjonz wrote: I say that cause this place needs an enema and thanks to trianglelaguna the relay happened. I love to ride and always feel the same for my like minded bretheren who feel the same. And for those of you armchair riders, no matter what excuse life is meant to be LIVED as we only live once! The bills, the complaints, they will always be there. It's time we live what we all love!

plus 13 1/2
78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 10:09 #595127

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
I'm not dropping the flag on anyone's doorstep if there's NO PLAN for the next rider. And that's where we're at. We ain't even sure if we got somebody in F'n ALBUQUERQUE. Honestly, BROTHERS...I'm tempted to either burn this thing or take off right now and nail it to the welcome to kansas sign and then be done with it.
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 10:24 #595128

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

goodfastncheap wrote: I'm not dropping the flag on anyone's doorstep if there's NO PLAN for the next rider. And that's where we're at. We ain't even sure if we got somebody in F'n ALBUQUERQUE. Honestly, BROTHERS...I'm tempted to either burn this thing or take off right now and nail it to the welcome to kansas sign and then be done with it.

Peter, come on man.... you are a better man than that. I know you aren't speaking literally but figuratively. Please read my last post on page five of this other thread>>>> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/50...th-west-leg?start=80

Let's all just step back and take it easy. There is no pressure to move the flag unless someone else is willing to accept and commit to the hand-off. I respect the fact you are holding this while waiting for Nate or someone else to take over. As you know, I have volunteered to ride out and carry this forward. I am however not willing to ride 500 miles and then maybe up to a 1,000 more with no one stepping up to accept the flag next. I believe you feel the same way. Jonz and others are just trying to show their passion for KZs and motorcycling. Never know, Jonz and I may just have to ride out in a couple of weeks and make a run as far west as it takes to hand the flag off to someone else. ALSO, for any one(TRI) that claims to live so far west that there is no more room too advance the flag, I call B.S. The Flag will likely run up and down the west coast so if any wish to talk the talk and claim they the walk the walk is limited to an ocean is just simply stirring the pot and not contributing positively. So, let's keep this positive, relax and have some fun with this. Peace Out!

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 10:37 #595131

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I know a lot of people just want to see the relay completed, but try to remember there's no deadline. This is an epic adventure and a massive undertaking.

I think the biggest point of the whole thing is to build and connect our community of riders. So be patient, it's not going to get done in one (or two or maybe even three) seasons. But it will get done.

The problem with focusing on the end is you miss the middle and once you finally get what you want, it's all over.
Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxjonz, Forrest

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 11:10 #595135

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

saxjonz wrote: I say that cause this place needs an enema and thanks to trianglelaguna the relay happened. I love to ride and always feel the same for my like minded bretheren who feel the same. And for those of you armchair riders, no matter what excuse life is meant to be LIVED as we only live once! The bills, the complaints, they will always be there. It's time we live what we all love!

Jonz, please tone it down.

First of all TRI is personally claiming that he is NOT responsible for this concept and starting the Flag Relay. He credits/blames ED650.

Second, We have some KZ members one in fact holding this flag that is taking his position of holding the flag very seriously. Can you please take it a bit easy. Some of your statements are being misunderstood and are being taken personally. The flag will move when the time is right. Meaning: When there is someone willing to accept the flag and the responsibilities surrounding it. Please understand that other KZ Riders may take what you and others post in a different light than you intended. I know this to be the case with not only your statements but Tri's, bluejay58, and myself. So, let's all pull together, be encouraging, helpful and most of all patient & understanding.

AND Jonz, Love You Brother!

Double Peace Out!

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 11:44 #595137

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Yup its very frustrating when the relay stalls. It was stuck in Mass for a month last spring. We had the same problem with a lack of New England riders. We put an ad on craigs list and filled a few gaps.Then Jeffski rode down from the north and got it out of the area for us and kept it moving. IT WILL MOVE. Keep a good attude and ride on. Craigs list worked real good. We got two riders last spring and a few new members
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 12:42 #595140

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

Street Fighter LTD wrote:

I know exactly how you feel. I spent almost two weeks suffering thinking my cancer had come back and was looking forward to most of the rest of the year going through chemo again. When I went to the docs, they said "Good news, you have pneumonia, not cancer." So after some IV antibiotics and a week of pills, I'm going to Ohio for a rally.

You have my prayers for a speedy recovery. You'll be back in the saddle soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 12:57 #595142

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

saxjonz wrote: Tom, you sure are busy. :-)

I try to stay that way. I'm riding through Chicago on the way to Ohio Sunday morning. Want to meet up? Give me a holler. Better yet, pack some things and come on down to Logan with me. I've got tons of room in the trailer for stuff. There will be some great rides arranged and a trip down to The Tail of the Dragon after the rally. Then the Mid Ohio Vintage Rally the following week on the way home. Could be an awesome trip.

Forrest, the invite goes out to you too. Meet for coffee Sunday morning or come on down to Ohio.

414-416-4891
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

Last edit: by TomW.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 13:37 #595144

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Let me clarify what I was trying to say earlier. 650 Ed said, I believe, that he got the idea from Tri. So Tri was the twinkle in Ed's eye. I think we are all aware of that. Also, it was the best thing to happen to this group. It has brought me back to the forum.
I also know a lot of kzr members here are VERY serious about their rides and riding. This I happen to know. I have also met many apparently serious about riding from the looks of their posts you'd think they would jump at the first chance someone says, "let's ride!". You would think.
I was just putting it out there that if anyone is interested in planning a ride I am also up for a ride. It doesn't have to be the flag passing to be the only excuse for riding.

I met Forrest a while back and not even a short while later he called to say he was going to a bike rally the night before. He invited and I said hell yes, the next morning we rode down to a zrx rally in Tennessee. Was the best experience ever, all that mountain riding spoiled me. If I had passed on the last minute invite I may have never experienced some of the best riding here in the US.

Tom, I will ride with you to Ohio Sunday, I don't know about the rest of the week as I have a week long class but just text me or PM me with the details.
79 LTD B3
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: added

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 14:47 #595157

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

TomW wrote:

saxjonz wrote: Tom, you sure are busy. :-)

I try to stay that way. I'm riding through Chicago on the way to Ohio Sunday morning. Want to meet up? Give me a holler. Better yet, pack some things and come on down to Logan with me. I've got tons of room in the trailer for stuff. There will be some great rides arranged and a trip down to The Tail of the Dragon after the rally. Then the Mid Ohio Vintage Rally the following week on the way home. Could be an awesome trip.

Forrest, the invite goes out to you too. Meet for coffee Sunday morning or come on down to Ohio.

414-416-4891

Tom, Thanks for the invite. May take you up on it, IF I AM NOT RUNNING A FLAG WEST! HA! WE will talk via phone.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 05 Jul 2013 14:47 #595158

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

saxjonz wrote: Let me clarify what I was trying to say earlier. 650 Ed said, I believe, that he got the idea from Tri. So Tri was the twinkle in Ed's eye. I think we are all aware of that. Also, it was the best thing to happen to this group. It has brought me back to the forum.
I also know a lot of kzr members here are VERY serious about their rides and riding. This I happen to know. I have also met many apparently serious about riding from the looks of their posts you'd think they would jump at the first chance someone says, "let's ride!". You would think.
I was just putting it out there that if anyone is interested in planning a ride I am also up for a ride. It doesn't have to be the flag passing to be the only excuse for riding.

I met Forrest a while back and not even a short while later he called to say he was going to a bike rally the night before. He invited and I said hell yes, the next morning we rode down to a zrx rally in Tennessee. Was the best experience ever, all that mountain riding spoiled me. If I had passed on the last minute invite I may have never experienced some of the best riding here in the US.

Tom, I will ride with you to Ohio Sunday, I don't know about the rest of the week as I have a week long class but just text me or PM me with the details.

JONZ, I have given credit where credit is due as well. AND you of all people here know I will ride anywhere anytime. But, there seems to be one person on this OA who seems downright intent on just being a pot stirring smart ass and not contributing to a more positive experience. This kind of reminds me of someone cheering on while Reginald Denny gets pulled from his truck and beat down. So Yeah, I am more for, "Can't we all just get along?" :whistle: