Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 22 Jun 2013 23:34 #593535

• justinz830
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
goodfastncheap has it in Nebraska still. He's handing if off to me next saturday in Holton, KS. After that I'm not sure where it's going. I posted in the leg 4 thread a while back, but never heard anything back from anyone. I believe it needs to go to New Mexico or Colorado next.

TomW have you talked to anyone in the next leg?
1979 KZ650 B3
1979 KZ1000 ST E1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 23 Jun 2013 00:55 #593550

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

justinz830 wrote: goodfastncheap has it in Nebraska still. He's handing if off to me next saturday in Holton, KS. After that I'm not sure where it's going. I posted in the leg 4 thread a while back, but never heard anything back from anyone. I believe it needs to go to New Mexico or Colorado next.

TomW have you talked to anyone in the next leg?

I've sent PMs and got no responses. I have no contact info other than the forum for anyone on leg 4.

I think it should go to NM and up to the Four Corners. OMR can take it from there on to CA. Saxjones has expressed a desire to make a long ride. I hope we can work it out.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 23 Jun 2013 01:37 #593553

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Yes sir, I could do that but I need to get my bike back together here. I ordered a lot of stuff and put most of it on today. Bike is really coming along. I just need to get the brakes taken care of and the rest can wait for another day. I will post pics up soon in my 1075 with Cams thread. ;) I will need to do this fairly soon as I can see you guys are getting anxious. lol
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 23 Jun 2013 14:28 #593590

• justinz830
  • User
I recently purchased a shaft drive kz1000, so I am much more willing to do a long haul. We just need to find who wants the flag next and plan a route. There is a possibility that I will be out of the country the end of July/1st part of August, so I would really like to get the flag passed before then!
1979 KZ650 B3
1979 KZ1000 ST E1

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 23 Jun 2013 16:07 #593606

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
wow...summer time and the flag is still dragging...i mean...wtf...you guys had it all winter over there...get this thing going
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 23 Jun 2013 16:08 #593607

• trianglelaguna
  • User
fed ex it to some riders at least... :woohoo:
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 13:59 #594879

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

trianglelaguna wrote: wow...summer time and the flag is still dragging...i mean...wtf...you guys had it all winter over there...get this thing going

You want to see it moving, move it. Get on your horse and ride. Or dig up some riders who are able and willing to move it between it and you. Or STFU and wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxjonz

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 21:22 #594952

• justinz830
  • User
bad news guys, I posted over in the northwest leg already... Basically I'm having some fuel problems with the 1000, so I wasn't able to make the hand off last weekend. The parts I ordered from z1 came today, but I wasn't home so the mailman didn't deliver them :angry: To make matters worse I'm leaving the country next tuesday and won't be back until the 24th, so even if I got the flag this weekend it would be a while before it moved again unless I could hand it off before Sunday.

Still nobody has came forward from Colorado or further west, I was going to post a new topic searching for someone once I got the flag, but I don't see the point right now. Forrest and I have talked a little, and he may be willing to take a trip from Illinois to Colorado. I passed the info onto goodfastncheap, and I hope that they can get the flag moving this weekend.

I'm really bummed to have been so close to the relay and still missed out, but I guess that's how it goes. Who knows, if they have a problem this weekend I might still have a shot once I get back. I know it would just be an hour or two to get my bike running, but since I'm going to be gone for a while I need to spend this weekend with my girlfriend (we live 2 hours apart and only see eachother weekends as it is).
1979 KZ650 B3
1979 KZ1000 ST E1

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 21:48 #594956

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
No better way than to spend time together all day long. :whistle:
On the flip side, very seriously commenting here; if the flag is still stranded up north in Colorado or wherever it will be I can guarantee you that by the end of this month I will step up to the plate and ride it ALL the way to California. If I am able to do it with others, Tom, Forrest, whoever and whoever else we meet along the way that feel as if they can ride along for a few hundred miles or more I am down for the task and WILL do this. I will be on my restored KZ as I have just a few more minor things to do to make it ready to ride. I know there are several riders somewhere along the line that would be up for the next leg. I mean at least from what I know OMR can earn his bike of the month/years award and we could ride the rest of the way. Makes me no matter.
79 LTD B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 21:52 #594957

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
I can sympathize with your situation Justin. I had some last minute little issues with my bike way back at the beginning in Florida (3rd hand off). Another member, Kawickrice, was able to save the day. These are 30+ year old bikes. Bound to happen! And parts are not within a mile or two at the local dealer. I wouldn't want to go on a long ride after a break down and repair. I would want a put couple of hundred miles worth of short rides in order to make sure all the issues are fixed.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 22:28 #594967

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
Does the Flag still need to go into Kansas? If so have you tried member N0NB? He is in Kansas. Looks to have a email address as well as the pm system here. in his profile it shows "Nate's Bike Pages" which has an email contact at the bottom. n0nb.us/kawasaki/
Maybe he has got his crops in by now?
Link14 has logged in back about 6 weeks ago. So I don't see another contact for him, just the pm. I would think he would log in some more soon, hopefully.
Seems there were more members in the Denver and other ares of CO.
As I had posted a couple of years ago, having a Member Map would be a good way of making contact with fellow KZR members. Then maybe some help when needed and some shared rides would be possible.
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Last edit: by Motor Head.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 22:38 #594971

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
Yes, the flag has not yet been to Kansas. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 22:42 #594973

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

TomW wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote: wow...summer time and the flag is still dragging...i mean...wtf...you guys had it all winter over there...get this thing going

You want to see it moving, move it. Get on your horse and ride. Or dig up some riders who are able and willing to move it between it and you. Or STFU and wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Good Posting Tom. I am willing to head out on July 4th to make this happen. We need a Rocky Mountain KZ Rider to take the hand off. OR, Trianglelaguna start riding EAST and I will ride WEST AND meet you in Denver, CO or Santa Fe, NM OR Wherever in the Rockies This means I am willing to ride 1,000 to 1,500 miles to facilitate the relay over this 4th of July Holiday Weekend, IF ONLY SOMEONE WILL MEET ME in Colorado or New Mexico or Wyoming. I will even leave on the 4th of July to get out on a head start. Think I will go out and change the oil just in case someone steps up to the challenge.... Here We Go!

BTW, I have been doing the majority of posting in the main KZ Relay Ride Thread if anyone wishes to care. >>>> www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/47...kirelaycom?start=980
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

Last edit: by Forrest.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 Jul 2013 23:18 #594980

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

saxjonz wrote: No better way than to spend time together all day long. :whistle:
On the flip side, very seriously commenting here; if the flag is still stranded up north in Colorado or wherever it will be I can guarantee you that by the end of this month I will step up to the plate and ride it ALL the way to California. If I am able to do it with others, Tom, Forrest, whoever and whoever else we meet along the way that feel as if they can ride along for a few hundred miles or more I am down for the task and WILL do this. I will be on my restored KZ as I have just a few more minor things to do to make it ready to ride. I know there are several riders somewhere along the line that would be up for the next leg. I mean at least from what I know OMR can earn his bike of the month/years award and we could ride the rest of the way. Makes me no matter.

We talked on the phone earlier but this is just confirmation. If your KZ is not ready by July 5th and we get someone in the Western Third of the country to step up to the challenge then hop on your ZRX and catch up to me. You will likely catch me before I click off 1k miles.

The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 00:50 #594996

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19

Motor Head wrote: Does the Flag still need to go into Kansas? If so have you tried member N0NB? He is in Kansas. Looks to have a email address as well as the pm system here. in his profile it shows "Nate's Bike Pages" which has an email contact at the bottom. n0nb.us/kawasaki/
Maybe he has got his crops in by now?.

We've been cutting wheat since Saturday and probably won't be done with that until most likely Saturday the 6th. If the flag is still in Omaha a week from now things may settle down enough for me to make the meet. However, don't feel obligated to hold onto it for my part. If a plan falls in place that gets it moving sooner, then, by all means, do so.
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forrest

Last edit: by N0NB.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 01:45 #595000

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck

N0NB wrote:

Motor Head wrote: Does the Flag still need to go into Kansas? If so have you tried member N0NB? He is in Kansas. Looks to have a email address as well as the pm system here. in his profile it shows "Nate's Bike Pages" which has an email contact at the bottom. n0nb.us/kawasaki/
Maybe he has got his crops in by now?.

We've been cutting wheat since Saturday and probably won't be done with that until most likely Saturday the 6th. If the flag is still in Omaha a week from now things may settle down enough for me to make the meet. However, don't feel obligated to hold onto it for my part. If a plan falls in place that gets it moving sooner, then, by all means, do so.

Hey Nate, This can be a plan B that could work! You are only 130 or so miles from Omaha if my Google Maps is correct. I understand about getting in the crops when the sun shines. I grew up an Illinois farm boy. Here are some options:
1) If we can find another rider to accept the Flag then great, I move it on across the Great Plains to the Mountain States.
2) If we cannot find a rider to accept the flag in the Rockies by tomorrow or the 5th at the latest, it may be best to pass to you til we can find someone to help shoulder the travel burden.
3) If goodfastncheap would like to pass to you this weekend, maybe myself and Lawrence can come out and join him in the ride to your town. I missed carrying the Flag when it was in Illinois due to a dead battery in my KZ. I did ride along with others that had it but would be cool to carry for a few miles or more.

Most importantly, It's all good as long as more members and KZ Riders get their hands on the flag and get to meet more fellow KZ enthusiasts along the way. This option 3 may be the best. I am open to suggestions and just want to ride. Heck my KZ 650 only has 5,000 or so miles on the odometer! It is barely broken in! You Nebraska and Kansas gents have as much say in this as me from Illinois or anyone else from any place else. Heck, goodfastncheap is the one in possession and trumps any of us at this time. Just sayin, we can make this work even if we don't get it past the Continental Divide by this weekend. It would be a pleasure to meet you both.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 08:05 #595012

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
  • Thank you received: 19
I'm subscribed to this thread so whatever is posted here I get in email even when I don't log in. BTW, this weekend of the 6/7th is out for me. The 13/14th is probably the first open one available.
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 08:06 #595013

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38

Forrest wrote: Heck, goodfastncheap is the one in possession and trumps any of us at this time. Just sayin, we can make this work even if we don't get it past the Continental Divide by this weekend. It would be a pleasure to meet you both.

Man, it seems like Nate and I have been pm'ing about this for MONTHS now. Well, it HAS been months. Anyway, option 3 looks good. I'm flexible this weekend. I'd like to see Nate get the flag, but let me tell you boys, holding it while looking for anybody down the line to do a handoff isn't a lot of fun. Sorry it's been stalled here in Omaha, I'd go to Colo with it myself, but (and again I complain about my bike, and TomW can vouch for me) I have a $50 KZ with clubmans and a homemade seat and a 56-year old back. Never been more than 120 miles in a day on 'er, but I'm sure willing to try a round-trip to Kansas. ANYWAY, thanks for the text, Forrest, I'll call you when it gets to be a decent hour of the morning, and we can discuss this.

(Edit) I was just looking at the map and we have Link14 in Ft. Collins and Bike Shop by the OK panhandle and TheDarkness in Hays, KS. I will PM them all and hope they aren't MIA like ALL the guys in Iowa :dry:
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

Last edit: by goodfastncheap.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 11:12 #595029

• trianglelaguna
  • User
if you are having trouble getting them by p.m,you may have luck over the wal-mart intercom paging all kzriders
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 04 Jul 2013 13:15 #595045

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ

trianglelaguna wrote: if you are having trouble getting them by p.m,you may have luck over the wal-mart intercom paging all kzriders

Or you could just call Craig the Carpenter and have him turn water in to whine. ;-)
79 LTD B3
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna