Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 May 2013 02:50 #585402

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
2xl????....is there any chance we could get xxxl....xxxxl......i will pay 100 or whatever towards the cause for whatever....btw Amy LOVES hers that you sent and we will send a picture of it at an event soon....expect to see many pics in a "quail motorcycle gathering 2013" new thread coming after the show... Sunday......

I could use an xxxxl and xxl and xl and a L......p.m the cost and please include shipping cost...you are selling these too low imho...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 May 2013 11:08 #585428

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Thanks Tri. I'm just covering the cost of making and shipping the shirts.

Yes we can do XXXL. It'd be the same price as XXL. $22 including shipping. If you want to pay more, I'd suggest you just make a donation to KZrider.com to support the site.

I can also print girl cut T-Shirts. They're $22.
Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

Last edit: by Topper.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 May 2013 18:03 #585478

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38

TomW wrote:

N0NB wrote: Canada? We had snow on the ground here in Kansas this morning.

Six more weeks and the days start getting shorter as we head back into WINTER!!!

GAAAHHHH!!!!!

Get your long-johns out of mothballs. The flag is coming to spot near YOU very soon.

pm sent -- I'm still in. Looking forward to it!
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 03 May 2013 18:26 #585481

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
p.m and pay pal sent thanks again...where is the flag.....anyone
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 06 May 2013 10:02 #585956

• Forrest
  • Sustaining Member
  • The Mad Duck
  • Thank you received: 178

trianglelaguna wrote: p.m and pay pal sent thanks again...where is the flag.....anyone

Looks like Tom W from Kenosha, WI had it last. He mentioned moving it to Iowa. If this flag needs needs to get moving, I can meet Tom along the way in Southern Wisconsin. I have my KZ 650 running like a top so an actual KZ can relay the flag again. Let us know Tom.
KZ RIDER RELAY FLAG CARRIER #55
1977 KZ650B Ready & Fit to Roll Anywhere!
1974 F7 175 -first bike and still own, full resto soon!
2002 ZRX1200R -Red the faster color
2011 Concours 14 -Now a Snarling Wolf in Sheep's Clothing!

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 06 May 2013 12:06 #585979

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Forrest wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote: p.m and pay pal sent thanks again...where is the flag.....anyone

Looks like Tom W from Kenosha, WI had it last. He mentioned moving it to Iowa. If this flag needs needs to get moving, I can meet Tom along the way in Southern Wisconsin. I have my KZ 650 running like a top so an actual KZ can relay the flag again. Let us know Tom.

Actual KZ,huh? :ohmy: If you had a KZ1000 LTD and a Voyager to make a long ride, which would YOU choose. Keep in mind the Voyager has shaft drive, a newly re-upolstered covered seat padded for comfort, a back rest for the driver, a good stereo, a 6.12 gallon tank, rides like a dream, and newish tires. The KZ1000 leaks oil, has a torn seat (original) loud pipes, a harsh ride, wobbles if I let go of the bars, a 3.5 gallon tank, fouls out #4 plug regularly, and a cramped seating position compared to the Voyager. The agreed on rules allow a 20 or more year old Kawasaki to carry the flag. My Voyager is a '91 model. :) ;) :lol:

Here's my plan. Moneypit is next on the list. He's up in St. Paul MN. Unfortunately his KZ has a bent frame. He flipped it last year showing off with a wheelie. He has a back up 900 but hasn't run it yet. He'll try to get it going soon. I'm going up there to bring him the flag to sign, I'll help him get the 900 running if possible. Then I/we will be taking the flag west to hit ND and SD before going south toward IA and NB. Who picks it up from there is undetermined. I would like to turn the flag over to goodfastncheap at Pipestone Nat'l. Monument in the SW corner of Minnesota. If that can't happen I'll take it to his front door in Bellevue NB, near Omaha. Then it would go on to N0NB in northern KS. If goodfastncheap cant make the hand-off some how, I'll take it to N0NB in Marysville, KS. This ride is going to start this week.

Forrest, where are you located, Chicago area? I will surely include you in the ride. We could meet in Wisconsin and then ride west toward the Mississippi River and north to St.Paul. The roads along the river are fantastic. Where do want to meet? You carry the flag and go as far as you like. BTW I'm in West bend WI, about 80 miles north of Kenosha. I just picked the flag up there.

Send me your contact info by PM, e-mail, cell phone #, etc. any way I can reach you easily. Get ready to ride, that flag is burning a hole in my side bag.
Tom Wait
414-416-4891
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Last edit: by TomW.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 06 May 2013 12:24 #585984

• goodfastncheap
  • User
Tom, PM sent with contact info...can meet you at Pipestone. The weekend 5/11-12 is bad for me though...this Thursday/Friday can work, otherwise, if you need more time, early next week.
1979 KZ650 B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 08 May 2013 08:49 #586286

• goodfastncheap
  • User
Tom and I are meeting Monday afternoon in Elk Point, SD for the handoff. I'll zig over to IA and then follow the river to Omaha. That'll cover IA and NE.

After that, ummmm... all our IA and KS riders are MIA, or unable to do a leg. I can get the flag into KS a ways, but I'm not sure about riding to WY or CO and back with clubman bars and a homeade seat.

HELP KS guys! Anybody in Kansas City? Topeka?

--Peter
1979 KZ650 B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 08 May 2013 21:51 #586424

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
If you guys can't find anyone, I for sure can ride it all the way to Cali but I am tied up for another month with school. Perhaps you guys could route it north and east and back down.
I am very close to picking up my bike and could have it back together and running in a day.
Up to you guys.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 08 May 2013 22:33 #586449

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

saxjonz wrote: If you guys can't find anyone, I for sure can ride it all the way to Cali but I am tied up for another month with school. Perhaps you guys could route it north and east and back down.
I am very close to picking up my bike and could have it back together and running in a day.
Up to you guys.

If yer serious about riding to the Left Coast we should ride together. I'm planning a trip to Washington state this summer. Was planning on leaving 6-4 and taking a northern route but plans aren't final til the kickstand is up. We need to talk about this. As of right now I might take the flag to New Mexico next week if no one comes forward to take a hand-off in KS. N0NB won't be able to ride til late July or August. So the flag would sit in Omaha for an extended period. I could leave the flag at my mom's or brother's house in Las Vegas, NM and Link 14 can pick it up there if he doesn't answer my PM's before I leave. He starts the 4th leg in the Rockies. I'm busy most of July from about the 5th til August 6th. Then flexible til Sept 12. More later.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 09:19 #586981

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
On the road again. The flag is moving from West Bend, WI to St Paul, NM. Moneypit will sign the flag and I'll continue on to Elk Point, SD to turn it over to goodfastncheap. It's freakin' cold this AM.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 09:58 #586988

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
Is this still part of Leg 3 or is a new leg starting?

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 10:16 #586989

• Old Man Rock
  • User
  • Thank you received: 225
New route, someone post the latest please... B)

How far west this time for I'm/KZ1075 ready to get this to LA, shit load of members there.
Then up to Northen cal as well...

Dave "OMR"
1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 10:54 #586994

• moneypit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35

Topper wrote: Is this still part of Leg 3 or is a new leg starting?

Still part of leg 3
Im not sure where it goes after Tom drops in the Dakotas. I dont know if I should sign it! My bikes are toast and wont take it anywhere. :angry:
2-76 kz900
St Paul MN

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 11:17 #586998

• moneypit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
Just got off the phone with Tom.
He's got some carb trouble and had to turn back for home after 60 miles and half tank of gas!
So there will be another day for the hand off to goodfastandcheap as well as our meeting.
Good luck to you Tom on the diagnosis and fix, hope its easy and quik.
Bob
2-76 kz900
St Paul MN

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 11:25 #587003

• goodfastncheap
  • User
Tomorrow, Tom and I are meeting in Elk Point, SD for the handoff, and I'll turn around and bring it back to Omaha. Then I guess I gotta find my way down to KS with it, but here's the problem. Due to the late spring N0NB is totally backed up on the farm and can't do a leg and other KS/NE relayers are MIA.

UPDATE...Tom just now called as I'm writing this. His #4 carb is leaking and he's turning around, so we'll be meeting later in the week. No biggie, he's retired and I make my own hours...

Anyway, back to the lack of relayers...I've considered riding my clubman-barred 650 with the homemade seat to Idaho via Texas (and I have no doubt that the bike would make it) but my worry is that I will fuse a vertebrae and my wrists will never function again, so therefore guys...we MUST FIND SOME KANSAS relayers!
1979 KZ650 B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 11:32 #587004

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

TomW wrote: On the road again. The flag is moving from West Bend, WI to St Paul, MN. Moneypit will sign the flag and I'll continue on to Elk Point, SD to turn it over to goodfastncheap. It's freakin' cold this AM.

No good plan goes unmodified. 60 miles out I was down a half a tank of gas. I usually get 100 miles on the first half and 65 on the second half and I still have 2 gallons left. It's a 6.12 gallon tank. I stopped to see if the wheels were locked up on the trailer and smelled raw gas on a warm motor. #4 carb is leaking. Back I go. We'll try again this week I hope.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 11:50 #587005

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

Old Man Rock wrote: New route, someone post the latest please... B)

How far west this time for I'm/KZ1075 ready to get this to LA, shit load of members there.
Then up to Northen cal as well...

Dave "OMR"

After I turn it over to goodfastncheap in Nebraska it should go down to N0NB in Marysville, KS. JustinZ830 is in Manhatttan, KS but has been MIA to PM's. Saxjones said he would take it to California and could pick it up in KS from either N0NB or justinZ830. Sax is in school til June 20 so the flag would sit for a while. Link 14 is coordinating the next leg, #4 Rocky mountain states. He's in southern Colorado I think. That's where it should go after Kansas or to New Mexico and then to Link14. The only players in New Mexico are me part time, and gravit8 if he's not in Iowa City. He's MIA also. Dave, you wanna go to Kansas? See Dorothy and Toto?

My travel plans this June were to ride to Washington State, visit my nephew out there and then ride down the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco and then San Diego then east to New Mexico then home. I'll take 5 weeks to do it. I could reverse that route. All plans are temporary til the kickstand is up.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 12:34 #587016

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
I hear you guys! I'm anxious to get bike finished quickly. Don't want to miss out on being able to contribute.
Say, has the flag been to east coast yet?
It would be a great pleasure to be able to carry the flag to AZ pick up OMR and ride with him to LA and parts North. I just have this time frame that puts me out another month. This will give me plenty of time to get my bike straightened out. At the moment I'm noticing a few other pieces missing. May Yianni get a bad case of the crabs and genital warts that never go away for the shafting he gave me for no apparent reason other than the fact he is a grifter. :-) he's lucky I'm not a violent person.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 May 2013 13:22 #587022

• Topper
  • Platinum Member
You might try a craigslist post in the states where you need riders.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys