Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 28 Nov 2012 09:44 #560319

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Thanks for keeping it rolling Greg, Sunday has a high of 68 deg. for St.Louie B)
That's are sharp looking bike you've got there.
Have fun and please take more pics ;)

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghotrodr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 28 Nov 2012 10:53 #560324

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Here ya go Tom!

If I might pass along a bit of learned wisdom from being Leg#2's cat herder, anyone that hasn't even logged in for months isn't going to be part of your route. I and the relayers that were around those riders tried emailing them as well as posting here without success.

Do what you feel you must but the chances are slim they'll be part of your route so have a plan B or even C! :lol:

Good luck guys and congrats on keeping it going!

Jim
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 28 Nov 2012 22:51 #560396

• ghotrodr
  • User
  • Greg "Hotrod" Raines
  • Thank you received: 2
Snarky30- I left you a PM- give me a call. I'm Shooting for Sunday afternoon

Last edit: by ghotrodr.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Nov 2012 10:53 #560447

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
ghotrodr,
love the pic of your brown and orange 900 with the vetter fairng.
it reminded me of my dad's brown and orange vetter fairing and bagged 900 as he had it in the 1975/76/77 era.
we have a picture of him with it stood on the back wheel with the fairing and bags on it,going down the hiway in texas.

cool memories, :) .

good job keepin the flag moving guys.

leon
skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: ghotrodr

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Nov 2012 11:32 #560454

• jtmcculloch
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

KZ_Rage wrote: Here ya go Tom!
If I might pass along a bit of learned wisdom from being Leg#2's cat herder, anyone that hasn't even logged in for months isn't going to be part of your route. I and the relayers that were around those riders tried emailing them as well as posting here without success.

Do what you feel you must but the chances are slim they'll be part of your route so have a plan B or even C! :lol:

Jim

Good thing Bill Called me up. I had not logged-in in many many months but was happy to Ride the Relay.
76 KZ1075
93 ZR1100
71 Moto-guzzi 750
2001 ZR-7S

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Nov 2012 13:26 #560471

• Snarky30
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Just sent an email to Ghotrodr and we should meeting up this Sunday. Forcast this morning said it should be 70 degrees this weekend, so it sounds like a beautiful riding day. I'll do my best to get it headed north to see how much ground we can cover before the weather locks us in. I'll be trying to get a hold of ready2ryde1985. It looks like he's only about 25 minutes north of me.
1982 kz440 LTD Belt

Last edit: by Snarky30.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Nov 2012 22:28 #560558

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Jim

I think I addressed the dropout problem a few pages back. I said the 3rd leg was getting thin. I'm pleased that some of the guys that I hadn't heard from popped up and jumped in. The route seems to be getting run with the guys we have. The only thing that can stop us now is the weather. ;)

Thanks for the map. Although without the rest of the page I can't tell who the pins represent. But all is good now 'cuz I just went out and bought a new (used) 'puter. :woohoo: :woohoo: A nice little HP laptop with lots of bells and whistles. Now I can devote more energy to my duties as a coordinator. Fact is, I don't do much. The riders do most of the PM'ing and such. All I did was figure a route and the riders do the rest. If the flag gets to Chicago this year I'll be a very happy man. I can run down there and move it into Wisconsin in a day and get at least two more riders checked off. Getting up to Minneapolis might be tough this winter. They get an awful lot of snow up there. If looks like the flags are going to get stuck up here we'll look at going down to Iowa for some winter runs if the guys are up to it.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Nov 2012 22:35 #560560

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Chicago first ;)

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Nov 2012 23:06 #560567

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
you deserve a big internet hug for all you do!!!!! ready? arghhhh...there thats better.....okay then....carry on

TomW wrote:

Jim

I think I addressed the dropout problem a few pages back. I said the 3rd leg was getting thin. I'm pleased that some of the guys that I hadn't heard from popped up and jumped in. The route seems to be getting run with the guys we have. The only thing that can stop us now is the weather. ;)

Thanks for the map. Although without the rest of the page I can't tell who the pins represent. But all is good now 'cuz I just went out and bought a new (used) 'puter. :woohoo: :woohoo: A nice little HP laptop with lots of bells and whistles. Now I can devote more energy to my duties as a coordinator. Fact is, I don't do much. The riders do most of the PM'ing and such. All I did was figure a route and the riders do the rest. If the flag gets to Chicago this year I'll be a very happy man. I can run down there and move it into Wisconsin in a day and get at least two more riders checked off. Getting up to Minneapolis might be tough this winter. They get an awful lot of snow up there. If looks like the flags are going to get stuck up here we'll look at going down to Iowa for some winter runs if the guys are up to it.

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 30 Nov 2012 21:31 #560711

• Mac68
  • User
Took off from the house at 10 this morning took hwy 62 east to Westville turned north on hwy 59 to Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Met up with my friend John, then we took hwy 43 north out of Siloam all the way to Joplin. Got to the Petro truck stop just a little before noon, Greg and his friend got there just shortly after we did. Introduced ourselves, talked a bit took a few pics handed the flag off. Them we ate some lunch and visited some more, parted ways and headed back home. I had a great time riding and meeting new friends, glad I could be a part of moving the flag along. My ole bike ran and rode great, love it.
Oklahoma
1978 KZ1000 A2
1980 KZ1000 MKII
Attachments:

Last edit: by Mac68. Reason: Pics were sideways

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 01:26 #560747

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

trianglelaguna wrote: you deserve a big internet hug for all you do!!!!! ready? arghhhh...there thats better.....okay then....carry on

Ooooh! Thanks Tri, I feel all warm and fuzzy now. ;)

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 01:42 #560749

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

Mac68 wrote: Took off from the house at 10 this morning took hwy 62 east to Westville turned north on hwy 59 to Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Met up with my friend John, then we took hwy 43 north out of Siloam all the way to Joplin. Got to the Petro truck stop just a little before noon, Greg and his friend got there just shortly after we did. Introduced ourselves, talked a bit took a few pics handed the flag off. Them we ate some lunch and visited some more, parted ways and headed back home. I had a great time riding and meeting new friends, glad I could be a part of moving the flag along. My ole bike ran and rode great, love it.

Great work, Mac and ghotrodr. Awesome pics too. Ain't it grand when a plan comes together? So, the flag should be in Springfield, MO tonight, correct? It's time for Rainman to step up to the plate, or Readytoride1985 if he's ready. Ghotrod, get in touch with one or both of these guys and set up a date. This weekend is supposed to stay nice, at least up north here if not a little foggy. If we can get one more pass in this weekend we are ahead of "schedule". Again, good job, guys.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 02:01 #560751

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
  • Thank you received: 75
Tom, Snarky30 (St. Louis) has contacted ghotrodr for the handoff Sunday.
If he can't contact readytoryde1984 I will get it from him and pass to Bluej58 if crappiehuntr and bert75 are out.
Jim
80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

Last edit: by Rainman.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 02:17 #560753

• Mac68
  • User
That is correct the flag is in Springfield and Greg ghotrodr is planning on having it in St.Louis to Snarky30 about noon Sunday.
Oklahoma
1978 KZ1000 A2
1980 KZ1000 MKII

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 02:18 #560754

• Snarky30
  • User

Mac68 wrote: That is correct the flag is in Springfield and Greg ghotrodr is planning on having it in St.Louis to Snarky30 about noon Sunday.

Woohoo!
1982 kz440 LTD Belt

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 10:28 #560776

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
My parts are starting to show up and I'll be ready.

But tomorrow is going to be to nice a day to work on the bike so we b ridin instead B)

Have fun guys, is a picture of the bikes by the arch to much to ask for :P

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 16:56 #560815

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

Rainman wrote: Tom, Snarky30 (St. Louis) has contacted ghotrodr for the handoff Sunday.
If he can't contact readytoryde1984 I will get it from him and pass to Bluej58 if crappiehuntr and bert75 are out.
Jim

Oh crap! I left Snarky out of that last post. Of course you're correct. Two moves in a weekend, it's a beautiful thing.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 17:08 #560820

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

bluej58 wrote: My parts are starting to show up and I'll be ready.

But tomorrow is going to be to nice a day to work on the bike so we b ridin instead B)

Have fun guys, is a picture of the bikes by the arch to much to ask for :P

JD

Sometimes you gotta choose between ridin' and wrenchin'. Ridin' wins every time for me unless the bike is broke or the weather interferes. Jeepers, the flag is getting close. I need to do some wrenching on the KZ1000 before it gets to Chicago. However the day is warm enough to ride so I'll go for a scoot on the Voyager instead.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 17:12 #560822

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

Snarky30 wrote:

Mac68 wrote: That is correct the flag is in Springfield and Greg ghotrodr is planning on having it in St.Louis to Snarky30 about noon Sunday.

Woohoo!

So Snarky isn't going to ride out to meet ghotrodr? He's going to sit back, slurp beer, watch the Rams get killed and let Greg deliver the flag into his lap? The cad. ;)

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Dec 2012 17:25 #560823

• Snarky30
  • User
I'll have you know that I have to ride at LEAST 15 minutes to meet ghotrodr down at the arch. And I didn't even think of the football traffic. There's probably going to be upwards of 50 people downtown! :P
1982 kz440 LTD Belt