advice........legal action?

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
11 Dec 2010 12:36 #416371 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic advice........legal action?
Its up to a judge to decide. in many states (including mine NC) anyone can go in to the magistrate and swear out a warrant for communicating threats, the cops dont have shit to do with it (EXCEPT FOR SERVING THE WARRANT). Its determined in district court in front of a judge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
11 Dec 2010 12:48 #416373 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic advice........legal action?
I know...i like the statement...and am not knocking it ,just telling a story that really happened to me.... i am just ultra careful...there are places and times you can tell someone ,mess with me and i'll have you killed...smiling or joking around....then that person could in reality say you meant it...pushing the thing to make my point but....now days you wag your finger at someone in traffic and you can be arrested.....seems that if someone runs you over thats a different story..or a drunk kills your family it's probation...but make a threat and you'll do a year.....or some turd steals your job by sitting behind a desk playing with percentage points,and the trickle down shuts half the town down and they fine him and let him start all over.... ect...ect...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
13 Dec 2010 05:53 - 13 Dec 2010 06:13 #416698 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic advice........legal action?
A drastic measure would be to park the bike illegally and let it collect a ticket. Show the PO the ticket. As long as the title is in his name and a statement of indemnity wasn't signed, the PO would be responsible for paying the fines and penalties. See how long it takes before he's begging you to take the title back.

If he still refuses to give you the title, then you have some additional ammo to prove the PO really INTENDED to defraud you of the title instead of merely forgetting about it.

Also, some states will fine the PO is he/she doesn't report a sale within a certain number of days. That might give you some leverage as well.

Really, though, the best thing to do is to consult a lawyer before things cartwheel into a major issue. One option is to sign up for that PrePaid Legal deal with a local rep (chances are you'll probably have a friend/relative whom is a PPL rep), that way you can call your assigned lawyer while in front of the PO and have him listen to you solicit a lawyer's advice. You can always cancel your membership in PPL after a few months. A year's membership in PPL is lower than a good lawyer's hourly rate.

Disclaimer: for anyone that wants to take issue with me for possibly profiting from my advice about PPL, please note I specifically suggested the OP go to a local rep, wherever that might be, and preferably a friend/relative at that. Oh, I also live in Japan so chances are pretty darn good I'm not local.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)
Last edit: 13 Dec 2010 06:13 by WPBill.

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
13 Dec 2010 07:10 #416717 by stonemaster
a lawyer is a waste of time, this is a small claims issue, a lawyer will charge u more than the bike is worth,
the advice i have given in this thread is based on legal experience and legal training I have recieved through the years. I know this shit backwards and forwards, most lawyers dont know dick about this type of thing because it falls under the heading of administrative law. There's no money in that area of the law so most pay little if any attention to it. Heed the advice I've given, it will serve your best interest.

ps, I have "the Look" I used uit before, Its called communicating threats. Cost me a grand DONT DO IT if ur going to resort to physical violence dont let him see you coming and make sure there are no witnesses.

More
13 Dec 2010 08:11 #416722 by Kickstand
Replied by Kickstand on topic advice........legal action?
Get there early in the AM and block his car in the driveway with your car.

Have the cops on speed dial.

1978 Kawi Z1R
1977 HD XLCR
1970 Bultaco 360 El Montadero
1978 Suzuki GS1000
1966 BMW R50/2

More
13 Dec 2010 12:36 #416758 by thomas 62864
Replied by thomas 62864 on topic advice........legal action?
go to the local bar and get the biggest guy there,by him a beer and a shot,make friends.tell him your story..all you need is a back up plan.big guys are a perfect back up plan..if the law don,t help..sometimes you need to get a big back up plan..belive i know all about that shit..thomas 62864:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
13 Dec 2010 17:50 #416816 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic advice........legal action?
Supposedly there are places on the net, Canada mostly, I think, that can issue you a new Title, bike has to meet certain critia, age, no liens, not stolen,etc, they run the vin, and for 250 bucks, give or take, they issue you a new title, I haven"t ever used em" but It might be worth checking into.

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
13 Dec 2010 18:08 - 13 Dec 2010 18:09 #416820 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic advice........legal action?
cartitlesforsale.com

Worked for me.

Bill

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
Last edit: 13 Dec 2010 18:09 by KZQ.

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
13 Dec 2010 18:25 - 13 Dec 2010 18:31 #416824 by stonemaster
sure its easy to get a title, no problem, however if the seller (who has a REAL title) reports the bike as stolen and our boy gets pulled they take his bike away and he's shit outta luck. Happened to a dude on another forum. He's bought the bike from a guy that pulled the same shit. Two years later one cop happened to do a NCIC search after a speeding ticket and guess what ???? bike gone, outta luck, impounded and sent back to original owner. unless u change VIN number (which is even a worse idea) it still can fail.

here's the thread, this gets alot of BS advice as well
xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=918385
Last edit: 13 Dec 2010 18:31 by stonemaster.

More
14 Dec 2010 16:01 #416955 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic advice........legal action?
fuck him.
go buy a titled frame only and swap the parts over.
then drop the frame on his porch cut into 100 pieces with a torch.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
14 Dec 2010 16:29 #416970 by stonemaster
kawsakiman wrote:

fuck him.
go buy a titled frame only and swap the parts over.
then drop the frame on his porch cut into 100 pieces with a torch.

the titled frame is the other REAL option
dont waste the old one though, there are "other" options for that, besides, why give him clues on what u've done

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
14 Dec 2010 16:55 #416972 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic advice........legal action?
crowbars are on sale at sears

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife