ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama

More
05 Dec 2010 05:15 - 05 Dec 2010 05:19 #415419 by WPBill
ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama was created by WPBill
Deep Inside Annex
Zephyr Specialty Store in Yokohama

Zephyrs never made it big in the US, but they are HUGE here in Japan. One cool custom is the Z-2 replica. You can get a tank, sidecovers, and a tail cowl sourced from Doremi, have them painted in stock Z-2 livery, and mounted on your Zephyr or Zephyr RS (spoked wheels). That’ll cost you about 2400USD, bike not included. I specifically went to this shop to takes pics of a Z-2 replica complete with 4/4 pipes, but they had just sold it the previous day. Mr. Kojima (shown here) graciously said to just copy the picture off his website and use that, so here it is. Plus a bunch more pics I took of the shop. The Z-2 replica with the candy apple red marbled paint job is actually a Zephyr 400!

Enough verbiage. Pics!

The 400:

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)
Last edit: 05 Dec 2010 05:19 by WPBill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2010 05:49 #415421 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
Jeez...what a candy store... :P

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
05 Dec 2010 06:27 #415423 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
7th image down, Yummy! B)

Bill, Yosh pipe or are these reproductions in Japan...?
If so, costs?

Another store to hang out in no doubt....

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
05 Dec 2010 09:13 - 05 Dec 2010 09:20 #415440 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
nice.....too bad the shops here where i live are not working on the good bikes too....i never see anything interesting out in the work areas...ever...ever...never...not once....

one younger sales person even told me when i was looking at the new superbikes one day while getting some chain lube........"big upgrade from what you rode in on"...with a smile on his face.....in front of my girl too...

Oh really?

I asked how many world championships the ZX10 i was looking at had won?....how many current or past MOTOGP legends rode ZX10's to AMA #1 plates??....how many classes the ZX10 had dominated for decades???? on which continents future champions all rode ZX10's???......... ,and then told em his bike could not hold a candle to my bike and walked away....he did not have an answer...but, then my bike WAS older than him by a good few yrs :) .....
Not being rude....just sad that the current U.S generic big four shops in my area dont even have a honda 90 hanging on the wall or an old Rd hanging around the shop...let alone a Z! racer or tz750 on a window ddisplay.... ect....these kids don't even know about "motorcycles".....

anyhow...killer pics once again Bill
thanks for posting.......

Tell the boys at the shops we are drooling over here....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 05 Dec 2010 09:20 by trianglelaguna.

• seanbarney41
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
More
05 Dec 2010 10:50 #415454 by seanbarney41
Replied by seanbarney41 on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
trianglelaguna wrote:

nice.....too bad the shops here where i live are not working on the good bikes too....i never see anything interesting out in the work areas...ever...ever...never...not once....

one younger sales person even told me when i was looking at the new superbikes one day while getting some chain lube........"big upgrade from what you rode in on"...with a smile on his face.....in front of my girl too...

Oh really?

I asked how many world championships the ZX10 i was looking at had won?....how many current or past MOTOGP legends rode ZX10's to AMA #1 plates??....how many classes the ZX10 had dominated for decades???? on which continents future champions all rode ZX10's???......... ,and then told em his bike could not hold a candle to my bike and walked away....he did not have an answer...but, then my bike WAS older than him by a good few yrs :) .....
Not being rude....just sad that the current U.S generic big four shops in my area dont even have a honda 90 hanging on the wall or an old Rd hanging around the shop...let alone a Z! racer or tz750 on a window ddisplay.... ect....these kids don't even know about "motorcycles".....

anyhow...killer pics once again Bill
thanks for posting.......

Tell the boys at the shops we are drooling over here....

I hear ya Tri...I once made the mistake of buying spark plugs for my cb750 at the local Honda dealership. I say to the 22 year old squid behind counter, " I need a set of spark plugs for a cb750k5". He says, "Is that a four cylinder?"
No shit, sherlock...and you probly wouldn't have a job if it wasn't.

More
05 Dec 2010 11:12 #415456 by T_Dub
Replied by T_Dub on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
My local Kaw dealer is worse. They try to tell me again and again that the parts I want aren't available. The only time I can get them is when I walk in with specific part numbers and slap them down on the table. Then he puts them in the computer and wow there they are! Magic!

Idiots.

Back on topic, those are some cool bikes! Tri, the reason why we don't have shops like this is that nobody in North America would be willing to pay money for a bike like that. If they were I'd start a shop in a heartbeat. I want nothing more than to start a business catering to the custom UJM scene, but I can't see how I'd make any cash. People will pay big bucks for a top triple tree to save a couple ounces off their GSXR, but nobody wants to pay half what their bike is worth for hop up parts for a KZ or CB.

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

More
05 Dec 2010 11:47 - 05 Dec 2010 11:56 #415460 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
Old Man Rock wrote:

7th image down, Yummy! B)

Bill, Yosh pipe or are these reproductions in Japan...?
If so, costs?

Another store to hang out in no doubt....

That's actually a new Moriwaki pipe. Moriwaki and Yoshi still make 4/1 megaphones. So do a bunch of other companies. Prices range from $400 for the other companies to about $1500 for genuine handbent Yosh pipes. Those figures I just have floating around in my head from reading various Z-1/Z-2 special edition magazines like HyperRev.

I'm gonna be gone for a week, when I get back I'll get you some specifics.

What exactly are you looking for:
host bike
handbent or machine bent
Yosh or Moriwaki or lookalike

The bike in that pic is going for about 9500USD out the door, IIRC. For a RS base bike version, add 1000USD.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)
Last edit: 05 Dec 2010 11:56 by WPBill.

• M357.5
  • User
  • Kwakas N' lots of em'
More
05 Dec 2010 13:03 #415473 by M357.5
Replied by M357.5 on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
Bitchin Zeph's for sure, I'd love a set spoke wheels off an RS for my build.

Any yep, our local dealers are lame as well, thats why I drive past the Yamaha/Victory dealer and the Kawasaki dealer on my way to a friends old school bike shop. He's a young guy but gets " Motorcycles " he is into Britt stuff big time, but has lots of cool vintage Japanese bikes around the shop. He has a 68 Norton Commando Cafe, and a Triumph Bonnie Bobber...Hangin out at Black Horse Cycle is like taking a trip back in time, till you look around and see a two dozen modern scoots amongst the vintage goodness.

83 KZ750L X2 + goodies = Project
84 KZ750L the mini ELR replica replica lol
84 ZX750E Turbo modded n' FAAAAASSSSSSTTTTT
85 GPz900r GREEN N' MEAN

More
07 Dec 2010 10:09 #415792 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
The bike in the first pic has a great stance.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
07 Dec 2010 13:15 #415814 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
OMG, every single one of those bikes is flat out nasty!!!

Please (carefully of course) place all of them in an overseas shipping container and have it delivered to the port in Long Beach Harbor.
No need in placing a recipient name or contact info with the container, I'll be able to smell that sweet Kawi aroma which will lead me to them. :whistle: :laugh: :P

Killer pics and info tri, thanks for sharing! B)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
07 Dec 2010 15:23 #415824 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
glad i could help

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
07 Dec 2010 18:18 #415856 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic ZEPHYR specialty store in Yokohama
Yes thank you Bill. B)

What an amazing shop, with so many nice bikes there. :woohoo:

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s